2016-2017 College Basketball Thread

I haven't picked a favorite yet. California usually doesn't fare very well, so I have to go beyond our borders. I don't care for basketball too much, but do enjoy March madness.

Three letters: U N I
ouch, that hurt.

Good win for KU! Beating the Dukies - that's making a statement. And that loss against IU, no big deal. Indiana is for real this year too.
What's up with Michigan State? And Oregon getting smacked by Baylor.
Interesting start to the season.

Yes, much better to lose in the beginning of the season when it really doesn't count for much. KU did very well against UNI. It wasn't a cakewalk....

I watched the UCLA/Kentucky game today and UCLA was very impressive. Those guys can all shoot really well.

I was feeling stoked after my Hokies beat the snot out of Duke. Their very next game, they laid a huge egg against NC State.

Every single win over Duke makes the world a better place. If someone had only beaten the tar out of Grayson Allen when he was a kid after tripping someone, there's no way he'd be doing it today. Coddled, to say the least. Any of us who played street ball growing up would have met an elbow to the jaw after tripping someone. I don't want to get off on a rant here, but sometimes its good for kids to play sports without adults around.

My UVa Cavaliers were exposed in their loss to the men of WVU (and Pitt). UVa can be out-muscled and they need to hit the weight room if they expect to get as far as last year.

Zags had another win last night. Nigel went off for an amazing game. 36 points, 11 rebounds, 6 assists is good for a co-point guard.

No clear powerhouse this year. My teams - UVa and WVU - were beat on Saturday. I'm not buying the shift toward UNC, now that KU and Villanova have gone down. Gonzaga may be undefeated, but the best team they've beat is Iowa State. Big deal.

I'm a Bruin, so this year has been pretty fun so far. I believe we'll get a second chance against all the teams that beat us (Oregon, Arizona, USC), so it'll be a good test for what they learned from the first game.

It's just too bad there's so many one and done players. You don't get to see them grow and having a good young team one year doesn't mean anything for the next year.

It was fun watching Oklahoma State stun #7 West Virginia; what a great road win. We finally got rid of/fired/paid off Travis Ford and hope to restore our rich basketball heritage with Brad Underwood. The Iba and Sutton eras were incredible, then tragedy struck again and again with plane crashes, a notorious homecoming parade crash, and 8 years of Travis Ford. Super happy with Brad Underwood as our new coach.

Ride em, Cowboys!

See the results of this weeks Top Ten Massacre ... what was the final tally ... six going down?

(Did anyone even notice this week's poll? Seems there was something else going on that had everyone's attention.) <G>

Was hoping once the dust settled, there would be enough room for Spartie in the rankings ... they're finally starting to click. Be happy here if MSU just makes the tournament this year. First time in 22 seasons if they don't ...

A low seed this year might actually be a benefit if they end up playing somebody like Kansas or Villanova ... anybody but Middle Tennessee! ;-}

Virginia throttled Louisville last night and I was watching the Planet of the Apes marathon on Sundance. I thought Tuesday was round ball night.

Baylor is coming to town to take on Oklahoma State tomorrow; I'd better take my sunglasses for those obnoxiously florescent uniforms of theirs.

I'd better take my sunglasses for those obnoxiously florescent uniforms of theirs.

Yes, those painful to watch.

My Horns will be up there Saturday - would be nice to see them win their first away game of the year (and sweep OSU). But for the Horns, they can really just hope to get better game by game this year. They have a lot of talented kids but don't have anyone who can pass as a point guard for more than a few minutes at a time.

Anyway, we're both better than OU(sucks).

Texas @ OSU in men's BB is my #1 sporting event of the year, only trumped by winter olympics. If I go to one game a year, it's this one. And yes, I was at the triple overtime with Kevin Durant and Eaton's half-court, out-of-bounds, hook shot three. I lost my voice for days after that night.

My Hokies beat #12 UVA in an epic double overtime game after having gotten crushed by them a couple weeks ago. Methinks the Hokies will be dancing this year after wins over Michigan, Duke and UVA.

Hokies looked good and should get a bid. UVa is slumping. If you can't get fired up at home against Duke, I don't know what to say. Typical UVa game. Win the first half and keep the opponent score low. Opponent adjusts and wins in the second half. They really don't have an inside scorer yet.

Speaking of blowing leads, WVU was up 14 over KU w/ 2:45 remaining and collapsed. Still - I like WVU's chances this year.

Back
Top Bottom