2016-2017 College Basketball Thread

Oh, so THAT'S why Virginia is ranked!

Indeed. UVa is a bit streaky (and sometimes slumpy) with all the freshmen, but when Perrantes (a senior) can dish, rather than worry about scoring, they can beat anybody because of their defense. If Guy (man-bun) is hot, so is UVa.

Hokies beat the 'Canes, sealing the deal on their dance invitation, methinks. A couple of weeks ago, they lost their best passer, rebounder, and a great scorer (Chris Clarke), but his replacement, Ty Outlaw, has been shooting the lights out. Go Hokies!!!

Indeed. UVa is a bit streaky (and sometimes slumpy) with all the freshmen, but when Perrantes (a senior) can dish, rather than worry about scoring, they can beat anybody because of their defense. If Guy (man-bun) is hot, so is UVa.

He has the most ridiculous man-bun this side of European soccer fields.:beatnik:

Oklahoma put a good scare into the Jayhawks yesterday. First half, they were too busy admiring that #1 in front of their names ... second half, they settled done to BUSINESS!

They'd best come ready to play against the Cowboys though ... they've won 10 of the last 11 and will be holding home court, looking for blood.

PS ... should be a good game tonight - ISU is on a 6 of 7 win streak as well, and just beat Baylor the other day. Also home court, also senior night, also could probably use another quality win on their resume as insurance before the B12 tournament. Tough one to call - just gonna have to watch ...

Last edited:
UNC loses to UVA :(
Damn! Bennett is a great coach. Don't worry, things will be OK when we Beat Dook on Saturday :)

Kansas definitely earned the No. 1 spot this week. Big 12 and ACC conferences are loaded this year :thumbsup:

Go Heels!

17015685_10155075488844532_3107014791747661545_o.jpg I went to the KU-OU game. It was LOUD and HOT in there. Full to capacity as always - but 16,000 people stayed for 45 minutes after the game to listen to the three seniors graciously offer their thanks to individuals who had assisted them in their college/basketball journey. One of the seniors was Coach Self's son. Bill Self said the players were rattled with emotion during the first half of the game - so many of their families had traveled long distances to see them play. It was a great game. I love Frank Mason! That is his father standing behind the jersey, looks like he is crying. So sweet.

So I caught the last 10 minutes of the Michigan/Northwestern game on BTN tonight.
Here is the last play, game tied, 00:01.7 on the clock

The 90 foot assist. Basketball's answer to the Hail Mary.

At least overtime didn't delay the Michigan State/Illinois telecast.

Michigan Wolverines are off to a bad start in the B1G tournament ...

charter-plane-carrying-michigan-basketball-involved-in-accident-at-willow-run-0279e780620cd704.png

Literally ...

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/ind...lls_plane_sli.html#incart_2box_news_ann-arbor

They're due in Washington DC with a game scheduled for a noon start against a hot Illini team. High wind warnings remain in effect till at least 7PM tonite. Last update ... they're tied up with FAA investigators right now and probably won't arrive in DC till tomorrow morning. Hope is that B1G will be able to shuffle the starting times around and put them in the evening slot ...

Wonder if they're open for suggestions for a minor change to their "we work" bench t-shirts for tomorrow's game ... WE WALKED!

EDIT >> Wolverines have arrived at the arena after spending an hour and a a half stuck in DC traffic. Tipoff delayed to 12:22pm to give the team time to warm up. Their uniforms didn't make it, so it should be interesting to see what they're wearing when they hit the floor.

Last edited:
Got a kick out of watching Michigan dismantle Illinois in their practice uniforms ... <G>

PS ... fun fact. The Pistons had a home game, so they loaned UM their team plane to get to DC. Not too shabby!

And about the uniforms ... rumor has it, they WERE able to locate a set of road uniforms before the game, but those still had the Nike emblem, and Air Jordan (their new sponsor) p!tched a b!tch ... as ESPN would say ... "C'mon, man!"

Notre Dame hasn't managed to get tripped up by them Dukies yet ... <G>

usp_ncaa_basketball__duke_at_syracuse_88988829.jpg

I'm glad to see Michigan do so well. :)
If I had known they were going to be this good in March I would have been following all season.o_O
Honestly, after they took out Purdue I had a feeling they were on a mission. Walton certainly was. I read today he voted to forfeit after their plane crash. Luckily he was outvoted.

Too early to vote for Game of the Tournament?

OKLAST.png
10 Oklahoma State
MICH.png
7 Michigan

Both came to battle, and it was a nail biter right to the last second ... almost as many lead changes as there were possessions ... ;-}

I only submitted/filled out one 64-team bracket... with Villanova, Arizona, Oregon, and Kentucky as my Final Four.

Arizona and Oregon meet in an all-PAC-12 final. Wishful thinking... but hey, it could happen!!

Arizona wins it all... 84-81.

I definitely had Middle Tennessee winning ... Big Ten should just admit defeat and send them an invitation to join the conference ... <G>

(They match up well with Butler too)

I only submitted/filled out one 64-team bracket... with Villanova, Arizona, Oregon, and Kentucky as my Final Four.

Arizona and Oregon meet in an all-PAC-12 final. Wishful thinking... but hey, it could happen!!

Arizona wins it all... 84-81.

Well, that didn't take long: Wisconsin 65 Villanova 62

Back
Top Bottom