1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

2016-2017 College Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoor Adventure' started by 75Center, Nov 17, 2016.

1. squirrelnest

squirrelnest Addicted Member

There will be a new national champion in 2017!

2. SoCal Sam

SoCal Sam Lunatic Member

Pac-12 is 6-0 so far! Take that East Coast bias!!

3. Redikilowatt

Redikilowatt Audio Understudy Subscriber

Sad, but true :thumbsup:
    Couple of ACC teams were whipped mercilessly :whip:

Roger

4. 75Center

75Center Super Member

Dancing back to Kansas City for the Sweet Sixteen!
    17362803_1261627050585720_2358909645973742695_n.jpg

www.records likes this.
  5. sKiZo

sKiZo Hates received: 8641 Subscriber

Big Ten did all right for a supposedly weak conference. I'd love to see Michigan and Wisconsin go head to head one more time this season ... Wolverines are up 2-1 in that matchup so far.

Gamecocks take down Duke! Dayum!

Also really impressed with Rhode Island's performance on the big stage. Only 9 points total by the seniors, so most of their strength will be back next year for another run as well.

6. SoCal Sam

SoCal Sam Lunatic Member

Pac-12 finished 8-1 with only the play-in USC Trojans losing a game they were up late in. It is possible three Pac-12 could advance to the Final Four.

ACC looked over-rated and over-matched. Glad Puke got bounced. Only one ACC team (North Carolina) advanced. How the ACC got nine teams in is more East Coast bias.

7. sKiZo

sKiZo Hates received: 8641 Subscriber

Big Ten was hoping to place four in the Sweet 16, but I guess we'll have to settle for three ... those Kansas Jayhawks just came out of nowhere, didn't they? <G>

PS ... Miles Bridges is already getting cagey with reporters about whether he's headed for the draft. Can't really blame a player when it comes to that sort of carrot, but I'd love to see the NBA exercise some restraint on the whole "one and done" thing. They're already drafting out of high school ... won't be long they'll have to set up changing tables next to the bench ...

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  8. kcollins4

kcollins4 Rocking somewhere

Tonight's game is going to be great fun I hope. My Boilers vs. Jayhawks. Good luck Dar!

9. 75Center

75Center Super Member