2016-2017 College Basketball Thread

Big Ten did all right for a supposedly weak conference. I'd love to see Michigan and Wisconsin go head to head one more time this season ... Wolverines are up 2-1 in that matchup so far.

Gamecocks take down Duke! Dayum!

Also really impressed with Rhode Island's performance on the big stage. Only 9 points total by the seniors, so most of their strength will be back next year for another run as well.

Pac-12 finished 8-1 with only the play-in USC Trojans losing a game they were up late in. It is possible three Pac-12 could advance to the Final Four.

ACC looked over-rated and over-matched. Glad Puke got bounced. Only one ACC team (North Carolina) advanced. How the ACC got nine teams in is more East Coast bias.

Big Ten was hoping to place four in the Sweet 16, but I guess we'll have to settle for three ... those Kansas Jayhawks just came out of nowhere, didn't they? <G>

PS ... Miles Bridges is already getting cagey with reporters about whether he's headed for the draft. Can't really blame a player when it comes to that sort of carrot, but I'd love to see the NBA exercise some restraint on the whole "one and done" thing. They're already drafting out of high school ... won't be long they'll have to set up changing tables next to the bench ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom