2016 Bracket Game

BTW, I read three newspapers (in analog form) every morning. WSJ, Wash Times, and Wash Post.

Michigan State was the biggest surprise. As a UVa fan, I'm glad they're out of the way. Maybe this was the year we'd beat them in the tourney given how weak the BT is, but I'm just glad to see them go. They will be back next year.

WVU got an old-fashioned beat down. Did not expect that.

I can't believe Syracuse is still hanging on. Same goes for Duke. And MD. MD, just like their uptight coach, will play miserably against Kansas. Kansas wins games it should and has done so all year. OU is peaking, but a good defender can shut Buddy down.

The only two teams that have a chance against KU are the Tar Heels and UVa. But based on my bracket, I don't know what I'm talking about. Unless UVa wins it all. Then I'm a genius.

BTW, I read three newspapers (in analog form) every morning. WSJ, Wash Times, and Wash Post.

That's a lot of liberal whining every morning.

Michigan State was the biggest surprise. As a UVa fan, I'm glad they're out of the way. Maybe this was the year we'd beat them in the tourney given how weak the BT is, but I'm just glad to see them go. They will be back next year.

Took me a minute to resolve what you were abbreviating with BT. Then it hit me like a Denzel Valentine no-look pass.
Of course you are right. But if somebody told you a week ago there would be 3 B1G teams in the Sweat 16, you would not have guessed it would include Wisconsin and Indiana who had to get by X and KY respectively and not include Sparty. Or maybe you would, since you may actually be a genius. Your bracket sure looked pretty good after Middle Tenn dispatched MSU.

Last edited:
This is the most exciting tournament in many a year . . . so many great games, overtimes, and bracket busters.
Of course, I'm especially proud of the ACC having six teams in Sweet 16 Round :jump:

But damn you, CBS!
For the second week in a row they place No. 1 seed in the East, UNC, in the 10pm time slot on Friday :wtf:

Roger

Kansas did look good last night :thumbsup:
I watched Oregon for the first time and was really impressed, especially with their quickness.

Roger

I had not seen Oregon play until last night and was mighty impressed. They looked big, strong, and disciplined. Duke just did not have the players to keep up.

MD fell apart as I expected. They've got the talent to play Kansas close, but Turgeon is just so uptight and stressed that it affects his team.

As for tonight, Iowa State has the sort of outside shooters that can beat the UVa defense. But if UVa can keep them below 70, Cavs win.

Enjoy your evening of basketball, folks.

Oregon did look good last night.
Bummer for the Badgers today. Kinda looks like the refs might have missed a few calls at the end but the way we were playing towards the end it probably wouldn't have mattered much anyway. Poor ball handling/turnovers.
Oh well, next year we should have a better team. Heck, I'm just glad they made the 16.

Last edited:
Well, two ACC teams going to the Final Four and one will be in championship game :beerchug:
Better yet, Duke is not one of them :naughty:

Today there are two O's in the tourney but tomorrow there will only be one . . .

north-carolina-tar-heels.png

You don't stand alone Darcy . . . everyone in the pool picked KU except for two that picked Miami :bye:

Roger

UVa had an epic collapse against Syracuse. I hate to say it, considering how much I hate Notre Dame football, but I find myself wanting the Irish to beat UNC.

UVa unraveled like only UVa can do. I've put my UVa coffee mug in the far reaches of my cabinet and have sworn off NCAA basketball forever.

Or until Saturday night. Whichever is sooner.

This Syracuse team reminds me of UConn a few years ago.They be catching lightening in a bottle. Given the underdog status I'm pullin for em. Opps....that probably jinxed it!

All right folks, hot action in store this evening. My wife and I will be watching the games in my favorite Chapel Hill tavern amongst the screaming students :)

Go Heels!

Roger

UVa unraveled like only UVa can do.

There have been a number of unravelings of similar scale this year. Some just hit closer to home. Then there are the ones who trail a 15 seed wire to wire.

I've put my UVa coffee mug in the far reaches of my cabinet and have sworn off NCAA basketball forever.

Last year I swore off taking B1G teams deep into the bracket.

For New Years I said I would lose 15 pounds by Memorial Day.

Good luck with your resolution

btw, only 20 pounds to go.

Looks like Oklahoma is toast.
Oklahoma is very much a one-trick-pony. They've only had seven guys in the rotation all year and it's up to Hield to come through. Without him being hot, chances are not good that they can finish. Occasionally, one of the others can step up but none are terribly consistent.

They made it further than I thought but I didn't see them as champions.

Back
Top Bottom