2016 South Florida AK Gathering February 20th is on!

RS Steve

Tube Junkie
Subscriber
This gathering is set, just wanted to start a dedicated thread about this event, and post all the information here.
I ask all members to confirm that they will attend here so we can have a basic head count for our caterer.
Also, there seems to be many members clustered in areas, so I advise members to consider hooking up and car pooling if possible. Just a thought. :idea:

EDIT: We would also consider making this a Saturday and Sunday event if there is enough interest. Since some will be staying overnight it might be worth doing a two day event to allow travel time to here, but still allow time to enjoy. Please post thoughts.

Date - February 20 2016
Location - Jupiter, Florida
Time - 10 am to when everyone is gone, show up early and stay late! Hotels close by if needed.

Address > 106 Commerce Way A-3
Jupiter, FL. 33458

SWAP MEET!
We are also making this a swap meet if anyone wants to bring gear they want to part with, I started a thread in Barter Town just for this. So post what your bringing in that thread beforehand so it might sell before you get here, or set up a trade.

This is going to be a very casual event, mostly a meet and greet with plenty of music, and equipment to enjoy.
I also suggest everyone bring their favorite track or tracks of music to demo, or test equipment with.

FOOD
We have a very good Italian restaurant that will cater the event, if anyone wants something else there are other close locations for food.

DRINKS
We suggest everyone bring what they like to drink, we will have the basics here, but everyone probably likes something different. Lets keep things safe for everyone driving also.

**COVER CHARGE**
To help pay for the food, we will ask for a small fee which will be determined after we get a true head count. Looks to be a 25.00 cover charge required, food will be catered, and some refreshments provided, thanks everyone.

SO COME ON EVERYONE!
Lets make this a super good time, I am very much looking forward to meeting everyone, maybe we can raffle off a pair of White Van speakers! ;)

I ask everyone in the month we have left to help spread the word, and build interest. Please post in this thread to confirm you will attend, and also, please list any friends you might bring along. Feel free to message me if you have any questions or suggestions.

Last edited:
Looking forward to this fine event. I will of course be willing to make a donation to cover costs --please let me know how much I can contribute.
And your right --one month away ......Time sure flies!

Just wanted to remind everyone that there is a thread in Barter town to list equipment that you want to bring to this event, feel free to post now so there will be interest before it all happens.

Also, if anyone has not heard about my recent find, I have acquired someones collection of vintage audio and I will have units available at the gathering.

Also, I have not had many confirmations so far, so PLEASE, everyone contact as many Florida members as possible and remind them to confirm.

Let me also add, if anyone can't make it Saturday the 20th, but could do the 21'st, we might consider making it a two day event since some will be staying overnight anyway. There might be too much fun to have in just one day, so anyone up for the two day thing chime in.

Thanks!

Steve G.

Last edited:
I'll be there. I'll be staying overnight in a hotel and driving back to St. Augustine sometime the next day.

Ok, out of 18 people saying they would like to come, only 4 or 5 has confirmed here in this thread. Lets get everyone confirmed if we can, it will help with getting things set up.

Thanks to everyone that has taken the time to confirm, I ask for help from anyone that can, to PM any members that have shown interest but not confirmed yet.
That would be a big help to me while I deal with other matters.

I will be there. Bringing some gear for the swapmeet. I'll post what I am bringing in the barter town thread.

I'm looking for a nice cheap turntable for the bedroom. I have sold most of my excess gear this past year, but I'm not sure if I want to unload my Sony XDR-F1HD or not. I went to school at the Harriet Wilkes FAU campus near Abacoa so it will be nice to return to my old stomping ground for a day. Hopefully, another audio friend of mine will be able to attend. We will be coming from Jacksonville.

I'm looking for a nice cheap turntable for the bedroom. I have sold most of my excess gear this past year, but I'm not sure if I want to unload my Sony XDR-F1HD or not. I went to school at the Harriet Wilkes FAU campus near Abacoa so it will be nice to return to my old stomping ground for a day. Hopefully, another audio friend of mine will be able to attend. We will be coming from Jacksonville.

Very good, we have turntables up the ying yang, so not problem. Look forward to meeting you! :thumbsup:

I'll be there, just got everything worked out, someone taking my call that day. Looking forward to it. Anyone else in the Port Charlotte, Northport, Punta Gorda or Cape Coral area going?

I'll be there, just got everything worked out, someone taking my call that day. Looking forward to it. Anyone else in the Port Charlotte, Northport, Punta Gorda or Cape Coral area going?

Looks like 14 people already confirming, lets keep them coming.

My brother who lives in Dunedin is coming, but he might head here Friday and stay Saturday night.

I have a friend in Jupiter that we plan on visiting in February. I an going to try to plan it around the 20th. I will confirm as soon as I know for sure.

Back
Top Bottom