2016 South Florida AK Gathering February 20th is on!

Discussion in 'Events & Happenings' started by RS Steve, Jan 15, 2016.

1. classic carl

classic carl Got Vinyl? Subscriber

Totally understandable. Looks like you'll be coming straight down I-95. I was hoping for someone on the west coast coming this way from Tampa or St. Pete.

2. RS Steve

RS Steve Tube Junkie Subscriber

If my brother was still coming I would have him pick you up, but turns out his wife was just diagnosed with bladder cancer a few days ago so he had to cancel. Hope someone comes through and can pick you up Carl, keeping my hopes up. :thumbsup:

3. classic carl

Sorry to hear that Steve.

4. RS Steve

Had my Fisher equipment set up at the gathering, they sure were making the Frazier Concerto speaker s sing a sweet tune. My Scott 340B was doing the same with the Cornwalls. :thumbsup:

20160220_154602.jpg

GD70 likes this.
  5. classic carl

6. RS Steve

I was very disappointed that so many people initially showed interest, then canceled or didn't show. Those that came had a great time, including me, but I'm not doing it again. Too much effort for one person, so someone else can have at it.

classic carl likes this.
  7. tonebells

tonebells AK Subscriber Subscriber

Steve, his wife and friends did a great job last year. It is a shame more people did not show up. Thanks again Steve.

Tony

RS Steve likes this.
  8. Rprokop63

Rprokop63 Member

Bummer, I second Tony's comments above and I had a great time there last year. But I understand that it took a lot of work. Heck just Steve moving his equipment had to be a monumental task.

9. RS Steve

I think if we could get the 25 to 30 people that showed interest last time to actually show up, and 5 or 6 to help with the set up it would be worth the trouble. But heck, at least I can say we gave it the ole college try, and it was nice meeting those that came. It was a great time!

10. scoville

scoville AK Subscriber Subscriber

I just came across this, wish I had known. I'm in Palm Harbor and would love to attend a local meet.