2017 Mid Atlantic AK Spring Gathering May 21st 1p.m. - 6p.m.

I missed the transfer of the Karlsons, but they look about the same size as my K15 cabinet.

Love the pic of Rick with those massive horns though. "What have I done?!"

They are definitely K15 sized cabinets.

Yeah, me with the horns, hands on my head....."oy vey"!!!

They're mercifully lightweight. Dont look horribly huge in the family room.

horns.jpg

My favorite pic of the day was the contents of someone's cooler.

beer.jpg

That should work. Size is about right.....

Reading this makes me think of 'Back to the Future'.

e2b22f9ca0e84f3a8d39eb1530bc1c05.jpg

Really sad I missed the bash Sunday - looks like a ton of fun!
Thanks to Hank for bringing down the Karlson kabs - I've got them in the living room
but haven't had time to do anything since Wilfredo helped me bring them in!
I hope to wipe them down with orange oil tonight, and pop off the grill cloth for a better look.
Even as is, they look impressive!
They nearly dwarf the Von Schweikerts - and are blocking the JBL L212 ...

karlson-home.jpg

Last edited:
My thanks to Jim for throwing together an outstanding party/get-together. And to Denise for putting up with a bunch of old guys who think they are still adolescents at heart!

Rob; You're doing fine. But I ain't hugging no 86 year old, I don't care how good you look!;) :crazy: Hugging my 70 year old wife is bad enough. Someone let all the air out of her.
But we all Love you Rob. Like a Band of Brothers. Be good. If you can't be good, be careful. And if you're NOT careful...........Don't name it after me!

Rick; Us guys with bad backs gotta stick together, if only to stand back to back to relive the pain!

As for the rest of you. See ya @ Rick's in the fall!

Larry

Larry,
I don't know why, but one of my pics has you on the front step (i think youre talking on your Bluetooth) standing next to a small statue of Christ. When i was thumbing through. I thought it was funny. It looked to me that you were talking to the statue.

Larry I was not asking the guys, oh that statue is more likely St. Francis but what does a lapsed protestant like me know. Thanks for all the likes folks I just got an award for my 250th 'like'.

Ah the mail alarm just went off most likely 16 organizations looking for money.

Improving only 7.

Last edited:
Larry,
I don't know why, but one of my pics has you on the front step (i think youre talking on your Bluetooth) standing next to a small statue of Christ. When i was thumbing through. I thought it was funny. It looked to me that you were talking to the statue.

The statue is of St. Francis of Assisi FWI
Regards,
Jim

I guess I have 'arrived', first the Washington Post prints my letter to the editor May 17 and now the Atlantic Magazine for June does the same - but different letter. Must be all that practice trying to write a romantic novel.

Just add a couple of thousand watts and you're ready for near field listening
I'm doing nearfield with about 700 at the moment. Re-capped the Phase Linear and its actually producing proper bass for the first time in my ownership. To be fair the Cylon meters tell me I'm using about 3.5 watts but still.

I've had enough of Boytris for a while, so I decided to ignore him.

Here are some photos I took at the Gathering (1 of 3):

Attachments

• R1060002.jpg
    R1060002.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 51
  • R1060003.jpg
    R1060003.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 49
  • R1060004&5.JPG
    R1060004&5.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 49
  • R1060006.jpg
    R1060006.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 49
  • R1060007.jpg
    R1060007.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 49
Thanks for the pics! You know you live in a small town when numerous people come up to you and ask Who were all those guy's in your garage and driveway on Sunday! :^)
Regards,
Jim
p.s. I need to clean up the garage before the next gathering!

I just wish that my garage was as clean as yours!

That new shed will fill up PDQ if you just start transferring items out there. Evaluate every item wrt "when will I need this" and "will this survive a hard freeze". A garage clean-up for me usually means several trips to the dump.

Back
Top Bottom