2017 What Christmas Music are you listening to thread!

MI0004320067.jpg

Mormon Tabernacle Choir / Orchestra at Temple Square
O Come Little Children

Release Date October 6, 2017
Duration01:19:22
Genre
Holiday
Classical
Religious
Styles
Holidays
Recording DateDecember 8, 2016 - December 10, 2016
Recording Location
Conference Center in Salt Lake City, Utah

Not sure why, maybe because it's after Halloween and we just had our first shot of cold air but I am in the Christmas spirit for the first time in many many years... and so early. I even watched my favorite Christmas movie last night, The Grinch That Stole Christmas!
I laughed and laughed and laughed.

I might just head out to the barn, grab all the Christmas stuff and do the Christmas set up. Heck, the malls should not have all the spirit to themselves!

my advise, Put on that Detroit station and enjoy!
Malls have spirit?! I thought they sucked spirit out of ya?
:rflmao:

I'm not one to begrudge/Grinch people getting into it early. I just can't myself until December. It's got nothing to do with with cold air, snow, etc. We had that before Hallowe'en!
And no way, no how can I think about Christmas before Remembrance Day.

Anyway I'll be back in December, and as usual the first play will be the Strayhorn/Ellington take on The Nutcracker.

For me, this has always been a year to year thing. Some years you get into it before others. I'm totally against Halloween candy in August, and Christmas decorations in October. At the same time, it's been fun lately going down to Costco or Kohl's and getting hit with the Christmas decorations. I'm with eljr this year on feeling it early! At the same time, I don't expect anyone to get on board at this early date. I don't think anyone posting here who is saying they're going to wait, is trying to begrudge us a little early Christmas punch. I think they're letting us know that they will be lifting a glass in short order! It's really a non-issue. Interestingly, I've seen this debated more on social media this year - and a little more intensely - than in other years. For some looking to the holidays a little early, I wonder if they are seeking a little refuge from all the problems out there that seem to be besieging us.

If so, as John Lennon used to say: "Whatever gets you through the night"... :beerchug:

Last edited:
I worked as a waiter at one time. During the holiday season it got old listening to nothing but Xmas music during your shift. I still like it but when you have a local radio start playing it in October uugh. I agree with the wait till after Thanksgiving. Then it's time for Mel Torme and Nat King Cole

Even my wife, who loves Christmas, holds off on the music until after Thanksgiving. She feels Turkey day gets the short shrift, as such Christmas music starts in our household after our guests leave the Thanksgiving table and we are on clean up detail.

a3224764173_10.jpg

Josh Garrels
The Light Came Down

Release Date November 24, 2016
Genre
Holiday

BTW, I highly recommend this. It can be found on Spotify now.

This is such a great Christmas album....glad to see you recommend it as well bud!

Back
Top Bottom