2017 Wisconsin AK Meet/Gathering

Significant others are certainly welcome. I find these get together really go beyond the "audio" realm of things and it's fun to meet new people and talk about anything (cooking, cars, house projects, etc). I'm uncertain if my fiancee will be home or not.

Please just let me know in advance so I can figure out how much food I need to fix up.

Greg

Also, if anyone has a Crown K2 to bring and sell let me know. Needs to be in excellent shape.

Greg

The equipment thread has been started over on the BT thread- thank you Jcamero!

Regards,
Michael

Hey fellow Wisconsinites! I might be able to make this. I'll PM Greg once I find out for sure.

Does anyone have an interest in hearing my Magnavox 9304 amp? This is contingent on my being able to attend of course. Family commitments may dictate otherwise. The amp is currently in St Louis being worked on by AK member battradio but he plans to ship it back to me on the 19th. I'll assume there will be some preamps around to pair it up with.

Looking good guys. A lot of folks had asked about food or what to bring. I'm thinking the week before (week of Monday Sept 26th) I'll have a pretty good headcount. Then I'll plan out what we need and ask a few people to bring some items. I'm thinking if everyone brings their own drinks that would be a big first step. Then I'll provide chili (venison and beef versions). My fiancee likes to bake so she will probably take care of desert.

If I don't respond to any PMs please send another, my inbox has been pretty flooded so I could have missed it, sorry about that.

Right now we are at about 14 people, not counting anyone's "+1's". This is going to be really fun. Hopefully we get a nice warm fall day.

I'm going to have my JBL L150s up for sale as well as a JBL 6260 power amp and maybe my McIntosh C32. I'd consider buying/trading for a Crown K2 or a MR 78 tuner.

Greg, and fellow AKers: I have never attended a gathering but if nothing is on my slate on the 1st, I 'd like to attend. Put me on the maybe list and I will confirm either way by the 26th. Thanks again and hope I can meet you soon. John

OK -have cleared it with SWMBO'd -I'm a definite for 1 Oct. -although probably not until 1 or 2 in the afternoon . let me know what I could bring in terms of food or whatever ?

Hi all. Looks like Saturday is shaping up to be a really nice day!

I think I'll have pretty much all the food taken care of.
--Chili (and fixings)
--Chips/Pretzels
--Cookies/brownies

Please bring your own drink (soda, beer, etc).

Also, I will have the Badger game on; they play #4 Michigan at 2:30 on ABC. So fear not if you were concerned (I'm a big Badger fan).

Does anyone know anything about tube gear? I just inherited my grandparent's old console radio. It doesn't appear to work, all the tubes glow though. Not sure what's happening.

It's an Admiral, it looks like this:
7c63_804571.jpg

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/admiral_7c63_ul7_c_63_u_chul7c1ul.html

Hey Greg,

Unfortunately I will not be able to make it this Saturday. I ended up getting stuck at work. Sorry about that--I really wish I could come up and meet all of you. Hopefully I can make it to the next one.

Doesn't look like I'll make it, too. Still working on getting my new garage ready for Winter. Y'all have a great time!!!

Back
Top Bottom