Classical
Styles
Orchestral
Symphony
Recording DateOctober 29, 2017 & October 30, 2017
Recording Location
Watford Colosseum

TeLFQsu.png

Taken as a whole, Blue Dream makes a clear statement about how creative musicians can take a tradition and goad it into something new, something different. A band can use more modern tools to make daring music, but the old tools will do just fine if imagination is at play. Indeed, by the time the band gets to its last song, "There's a Lull in My Life", your ears may even hear that fairly traditional piece as modern because the language and methods of the Jamie Saft Quartet should have subtly changed your hearing just a bit.

New is old is new again. The modern jazz tradition of 1950s Miles Davis bands was super-hip in its day, after all. And Jamie Saft is here to assure you that modernity never sounded so good as when it wore a tux and got weird all the same.
WILL LAYMAN ~
13 Jul 2018

This double LP, one of 500, came in the mail today. Album is entitled "Another Shape Of Psychedelic Music". I'm sure each listener will interpret the influences differently. Some wild noise on this record. Released just a couple weeks ago.

This double LP, one of 500, came in the mail today. Album is entitled "Another Shape Of Psychedelic Music". I'm sure each listener will interpret the influences differently. Some wild noise on this record. Released just a couple weeks ago.

You received 500 new releases in the mail today? (I am guessing I am misreading this???)

Back
Top Bottom