2018 Spring Training games begin today

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoor Adventure' started by www.records, Feb 23, 2018.

1. www.records

www.records Quality over Quantity

As a lifelong baseball fan and a long cold winter, I get excited when MLB begins Spring training games. Sure it doesn't mean anything, but hey, it's baseball.

Any other fans looking forward to the upcoming season? Do you expect your team to be improved, unchanged or rebuilding?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. finnbow

finnbow The Dude Abides

I'm an avid Washington Nationals fan. We have a new manager, Dave Martinez, after (mostly) beloved Dusty Baker was let go after failing to get us out of the first round of the playoffs (again). This may be our last year with Bryce Harper, but we have a really deep bench if he leaves for big $$$ next year. Our team's clubhouse leader, Jayson Werth, is also no longer with us. Luckily, the NL East mostly sucks so we should again finish first.

3. squirrelnest

squirrelnest Addicted Member

GO NATS!:beerchug:

4. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

Giants fan here. Don't know what to expect this year.

5. www.records

www.records Quality over Quantity

Lifelong Cardinals fan. Only 1 noteable addition this offseason is Marcel Ozuna from the Marlins.. Relying heavily on the pitching staff being healthy and that they pitch well. We got a. New pitching coach, Mike Maddox, I hope they react well to the change.

I don't think they did nearly enough to put the Cubs in their rightful place.

6. SoCal Sam

SoCal Sam Lunatic Member

Go Dodgers. Kind of glad the Dodgers did not re-sign Yu. He looks great on film but his win-loss record and era are not that good. Plus, he was no good in the post season. We got Matt Kemp back from the Padres. Anyways, we should be as good as last year.

Please register to disable this ad.