202 B input problem

Discussion in 'Fisher' started by Dpats, Aug 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Dpats

Dpats New Member

just picked up a X 202b last weekend , problem is the only input that works is the aux2/tape, with the tape monitor on . None of the other inputs work . Looks like someone has gone in and replaced many caps , and by the quality of the work it must have been done by someone with a bit of knowlage. Any ideas where to start ? I have already cleaned all the contacts and checked the tubes . Thanks

2. dcgillespie

dcgillespie Fisher SA-100 Clone Subscriber

OK. So both the Tape Monitor inputs and the Tape-Aux2 inputs must be working when the Tape Monitor switch is turned on (although with the Tape-Aux2 input having slightly less sensitivity). If you are certain of the Tape Monitor switch's integrity, then working backwards from that switch, the next thing to check would be if the Reverb Jumpers are installed. If they are missing, the unit will act exactly as you describe.

Let us know!

Dave

3. Dpats

Dpats New Member

Thanks Dave ! I think that may be it . I don't recall seeing any jumpers , I will check when I get home tonight . Let's hope that's all it is . Thanks for the info !

4. Dpats

Dpats New Member

That was it ! Everything is working great now !! This unit was once owned by Glen Ford, was bought at an action in Dallas years back.

Attached Files:

5. dcgillespie

dcgillespie Fisher SA-100 Clone Subscriber

Neat heritage, and glad you got it going again! You've got the amplifier stacked on top of the tuner, which is certainly the correct orientation when stacked, but always best if you don't have to stack at all -- or stack with shelving to provide a good air space between the two.

Beautiful units -- good luck with them!

Dave