1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

2070 Turntable near miss

Discussion in 'Kenwood-Trio/Kensonic-Accuphase' started by Mike Sweeney, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Mike Sweeney

Mike Sweeney AK Subscriber Subscriber

So I bought a 2070 turn table off eBay for a reasonable price. It was complete down to a stylus and cartridge and the cover was not smashed. I got, unboxed it and hooked it up for a test. It played well enough other than an AC hum due to a bad cap in the power supply.

I opened up the unit but noticed when I flipped it upside down, I could hear something rattling around. What I found were four screws that had come loose and were rolling around in the unit with one wedged under the PS board but not actually touching any traces :eek:

Note to self, open things up FIRST for a visual inspection ..

I have since put them back and replaced the caps. I'm waiting for some silicone to dry to help support the dry rotted AC transformer isolation bushings.

The hope is to have it wired back into my receiver tomorrow :) Then I can fool around with the cartridge.

Attached Files:

Please register to disable this ad.