20K Day-1

All I need is 1 Mu metal shield and I can slap it all back together..... My "guy" has been on vacation.. but the AU is getting about 1-2 hrs of "playtime" a day.. and has not missed a beat.. haven't been slacking off.. been rebuilding my kids 300ZX TT engine...
( another hobby O mine ) I'm still trying to decide what's next on the bench.. I'm thinking back to the 717 fader issue...

Oh baby

Got my MU metal shield.. and a little EXTRA…….
WOOT

Attachments

• MU YOU.jpg
    MU YOU.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Sencore.jpg
    Sencore.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 41
Sadly the Sencore was broke… but 4 4.6K resistors later BINGO…. a couple of the dummy loads have been REALLY heat stressed on the left channel so I have to find some more … sooner than later ( 100 watt ) 3.9ohm, 7.9 ohm and 2 16 ohm ( weird values ). if I tap HARD on em the R value changes ( opens up ) but I ran the 20K thru em at CLOSE to peak power for 5 minutes… and got the dummy load fan to kick on.. and both 8 him loads were nice N REALLY WARM….. I have a few non Hi Fi projects that I gotta get done.. but all N all MOST HAPPY...

Nice Score on the Sencore. Replacing the load resistors will be an easy fix. I have yet to open mine up to see if there is any problem in my unit as well.

Finally done

In the bedroom singing sweet. the MU metal shield did help but not enough to warrant drilling holes and such….

Attachments

• 20K done -2.jpg
    20K done -2.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 20K done -1 .jpg
    20K done -1 .jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 41
giphy.gif

VICTOREEEEEEEEE!!!!

So maybe an ignorant question....
Is it acceptable / safe procedure to install the pre drivers and run them w/o the finals installed? Want to make sure the pre drivers are 100% prior to loading the bricks..

Thought's?
I assume you had no problems loading the pre drivers without finals installed?

Back
Top Bottom