2215 restauration project

renaudagnes

2215 restoration project

Hello everybody. I have spend my last days reading the Marantz forum (yes all the posts !) and working on a 2215 bought for 40$.
I could test the amp and tuner in the shop, it was "operating".
Now the receiver is in the hands of a friend of mine, an HiFi tech a bit surprise to see old component like that.
I have done on it some kind of job, but I cannot understand how the stereo lamp works, nor my friend.
If somebody can help with the schematic, just this part is enough for me.
I will post some pictures if I can understand how...

I am also a proud owner of a little 1030 in perfect conditions. Since I have meet this forum, I connect this little gem to my pair of Watt speaker (it was previously connected to a pair of Minimus 7 :drool: ). I am very very surprised by the result, it's comfortable and easy to listen all the day long.

Attachments

• upper.jpg
    upper.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 51
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 52
  • bath.jpg
    bath.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 37
You might start by removing the dial face(pry off gently), it may just be glued on, but check for two screws, as some Marantzii have screws holding the dial face on as well.
Then you should see where to begin.

I am glad you are working to fix that unit up, it is a truely unique and underrated peice.

Oh, and welcome to AudioKarma!

Looks like a fun project...hope your friend that is looking into it has lots of De-oxit on hand!
I am loving every moment of my new found Marantz musical affair...just played Paul Chambers "Bass on Top" album....nothing like those late 50's jazz recordings on Blue Note and Riverside to make a day more satisfying.
Welcome!

Well, the project is well engaged. After the bath and some cleaning job, the faceplate is nice and all the knobs are clean. The interior has been cleaned with air and is ok. We have cleaned the pots and contacts.

In an electronic point of view, everything is working, nothing to fix for the moment. I have to change the lamps (2 of them are dead), I have to understand how the stereo lamp works: it is not a mechanical question, it is an electronic question. Anyway the reception is in stereo, but not indicated. I have 12 volts on each connector for the lamp :no: , well I guess I am wrong somewhere.

And I have to restring! I never done this before, and I think it will cost a lot of patience. This is the most risky business for the 1515: maybe it is going to pass trough the windows. But for the moment 2 little parts are missing : the little circular ones in plastic (don't know the word in English) guiding the string.

Even if the 2215 is not the best component from Marantz, for me it's a beginning. I have to start with something, don't you think ?

Back
Top Bottom