2215B won't power up (I blew something)

If you disconnect pin 701/702 does the noise go away? Do you have another amp to test the preamp signal through? Old amplified computer speakers will work.

do you mean R701 and R702 on the power amp board? or H701/H702?
Yes I've got some old computer speakers as well as a second 2215b that works fine.

Sussed it!
Reading through some old threads I noted that the out puts were referred to in a few threads by various folks as 'Matched Pairs'.
On the new board I swapped out the 507D's for 15031's, but left the 1313D's in place.
I just swapped those out for a pair of 15030's and nice clear fm signal balanced on both sides.
It's fixed!:)

Last edited:
Yes it was great and I felt awesome!
Until about a minute and a half after I switched it from the DBT to mains power and the speakers popped and all went dark.

H711 blew. And after I got it out This is what I saw.20160403_191802.jpg

So now I have to figure out how to repair/replace a solder pad.
SIGH!
It felt good though it really did.

Don't know if I can use a jumper here, but might go that route if it's possible.
No left channel to speak of right now, but the right is clear and loud.
Packing it up for tonight. More transistors on order from Mouser. Back to it when they get here.
Thanks for all your help with this.
And thanks to everyone who has chipped in to get me this far - it is truly appreciated.
I Will get this thing back up and running...

Yep! It certainly does.
At least I'm getting a good education on this unit!

Thanks Pete I've researches a bit online about ways to deal with it, but wasn't sure which method to use that helps a bunch!
Tony,how did you know! LOL.
I had misplaced the insulators I was gonna use and made a snap decision.Won't be doing that again.
Anyway gotta check the rest of the components in that channel for collateral damage sometime this week cus as I said there is nothing from that channel, so it's likely more than just that transistor.

Last edited:
As far as the sound goes SHE IS BACK!:)
Now I just have to find something to replace the Dial string (errant soldering iron)
and a new dial pointer broken and unrepairable then put her back together and back into service.

To everyone that lent a hand and gave me words of encouragement -
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 110 tuner that was smashed in shipping. I will look to see what shape the pointer is in.

That would be Awesome of you!
Yes all it needed was a new set of outputs for that channel and It all came back!
I absolutely made sure to put the insulators on this time!

Back
Top Bottom