2220b Amp Section Question

I could pop the cover on that relay and hold it closed while measuring resistance in between l702 and j724. looks like straight shot through. thoughts

OK. I think we are cooking with butter now. from the relay side of l702 and j724. volume all the way down 270 mv ac. volume all the way up it varies from 2 vac down to 1vac and it seems to vary with the music.
the disc is Fleetwood mac. I could put in something heavier but doubt I would see much change.

OK. I checked from j724 to frame and the ac voltage was quite a bite higher. I saw it at 11 vac once but meter would often go OL or open I think. I think that could be an arced out contact. Your thoughts.

OK. I checked from j724 to frame and the ac voltage was quite a bite higher. I saw it at 11 vac once but meter would often go OL or open I think. I think that could be an arced out contact. Your thoughts.
doesn't make sense if higher than L702 .

It is. I am looking at the diagram in the manual and it does not add up unless tapping that relay finally made a difference.

How high of a voltage should I see?

OK. I went back to the coil and now I am getting up to 2 volts ac. I bet the contacts are arced out and tapping it helped. I am gonna check offset now in that channel.

Back
Top Bottom