2226 lamp problem

brooks

I recently got a 2226 which i am re-lamping, and cleaning up to give to my step son. I got it with all lamps out, so when i replaced them, I now notice that when the chassis is flexed, tapped, or the wind is blowing south, all lamps go out. For the life of me, I cant isolate the problem, but I am assuming it is a bad solder joint somewhere, possibly on the (FM) board behind the lamps.

I dont have a schematic (anyone have one?), but I thought it might be worth asking you pros if there might be a common issue you see alot and might have a suggestion as to a specific area to possibly check/resolder.

It's been a loooooooong time since I did any circuit/troubleshooting work (I'm just getting back into it again as I get these Marantzs), so I'm in a 'do no harm' mode - but would like to get this fixed.

On separate note, the FM tuning meter is intermittant - I've deoxied the function switches, but that didnt help.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Fixed.
FYI - Just in case anyone else ever sees this, it turned out to be a loose fuse on the ps board (back down below the gyro wheel) - the left 2A fuse (for the 8v supply I assume) was loose in the socket, causing the strange intermittent problems I saw with the meter, stereo, and dial lamps all going out at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom