2230 with dc voltage on speakers terminals

cla6665

Hi all,
So here is my dilemma. Just recapped power supply and power boards on my 2230. I' m getting 16v dc on the left channel speaker terminals.
Removed the jumpers and still getting 16v on the left channel. Checked the power supply and it' s putting out the 35v required. Anyone has any idea where if could be coming from. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Cap coupled receiver. Put an 8 ohm resistor across the terminal and measure, You'll see the voltage drop down unless you have another problem. last one I checked had 30V there that dropped to mv range with a resistor on there. That or hook up some cheap speakers. You'll probably get a pop when you power up/hit the speaker selector switch and then music.

The resistor is only there for taking the measurement to confirm that it's DC in the mv range (just bleeding of the charge in the output caps). Then take it out. Okay to hook up speakers.

Your 2230 has capacitively coupled outputs and no speaker relay, so you may hear the sound slowly fade out when you power it off. There may also be some 'pops' when the speaker and power switches are cycled. You can insert a ¼ inch to 1/8 inch stereo adapter or headphones into the headphone jack to activate the headphone attenuator and minimize the pops.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom