2235b marantz indicator lamps

F1NUTS

anyone tell me were and how to get to the signal strength/fm tuning lamps on this receiver...i expected to easily see them after pulling back the white box that contains the indicators, but could not see a bulb ?....and the damm tuner string unravelled its self off the wheels, which took me hours to work out how it went back together ! ( new to self repairs )...never had a marantz before and was hoping it was similar to my monster sansui, but not !...i dont see a bulb, i read elsewere you have to remove the plastic tuner panel on the front to get to them , ...are they located inside were the needle is for each ??...very simple terms and steps please !..can i get replacements locally or do i need to do it online ..thanks in advance

I've never worked on a 2235B but I do have the lamps, yours should look like the bi-pins on the right, Dave.

PS - The 2230 and other non "B: models have 2 small philips head screws holding the lamp panel in place, once removed the panel will slide back.

marantz_lamps_03.jpg

No need to remove the dial scale.
Access can be had by loosening two small screws near the center of the meter lamp housing.
After loosening, you can slide the metal lamp mounting bracket back and access the two fuse type lamps.
I try to avoid removing the dial scale to prevent marking up the black masking on the back side.

Back
Top Bottom