2238B No Sound but lights work

so is this the end to thread of the year ?
or is there going to be any more surprises ?
glad its done now .. must try and get on with my own work soon .
must say i quite enjoyed it ..i had more notes printed than what i have ever had ..
enjoy the music ..

I think so! I've had this baby running for a few days now and no issues.

The ad actually said that it was working and the guy told me all lights were working too. Wrong and wrong. I am pretty sure he was a meth head. Was missing a lot of teeth and kept telling me he was about to have brain surgery.

9 year old thread…I’ve read through the entire thread twice and I am having a similar issue. Lights on, no relay click, and no sound at all. Pre/mains are connected. I’ve run a source directly into the Main Ins…nothing….no hisses, no hums. I’ve set it at 35v and seems like the left channel bias will not set to 23 mV…but the right channel will…although no sound through either.

Can we get the band back together??

9 year old thread…I’ve read through the entire thread twice and I am having a similar issue. Lights on, no relay click, and no sound at all. Pre/mains are connected. I’ve run a source directly into the Main Ins…nothing….no hisses, no hums. I’ve set it at 35v and seems like the left channel bias will not set to 23 mV…but the right channel will…although no sound through either.

Can we get the band back together??

You won't get any sound until the relay clicks in. Relay won't click in until the voltages to it are within tolerance. See what the schematic says about voltages to the relay.

You won't get any sound until the relay clicks in. Relay won't click in until the voltages to it are within tolerance. See what the schematic says about voltages to the relay.

Thanks. I believe I have the tolerances set properly….the left channel bias doesn’t seem to be adjusting so maybe if I can figure out the left channel the relay will open up.

I mean the voltages going into the relay. If the relay detects an incorrect voltage it won't open and allow power to the speaker terminals.

Don't believe the idle current would prevent the relay from clicking in. Just finished a 2270 with the IC high on one side and MIA on the other, relay clicked in, no problem.

I mean the voltages going into the relay. If the relay detects an incorrect voltage it won't open and allow power to the speaker terminals.

Don't believe the idle current would prevent the relay from clicking in. Just finished a 2270 with the IC high on one side and MIA on the other, relay clicked in, no problem.

Thanks. I’ll see what I can figure out. I’m new to reading voltage, etc so this has been difficult. I spent 4 hours this afternoon reading and haven’t made much progress.

Maybe S.T./rbuckner/catarafter will show with advice. You could check to see what's on Q745. Looks like it should be .7v at the base and collector and 0V at the emitter. That's right next to the relay. I'm not seeing any other Vs on the schematic.

Back
Top Bottom