2245 in protection

take a q-tip with Iso alch. and swab around all that area that way you can see the traces better. If bridged heat up suction away and redo, yes that is right next to H753.

Sorry guy's: False alarm. The three solder joints that were run together, now appear to be correct. In the pic below, you will see 3 pointers. These pointers are pointing to the legs of R795. You will notice a hole in the board! I sucked the solder out of that hole and from the leg of a wire on the top of the board. It appears that the wire leg is "supposed" to join one leg of R795 by way of the hole in the board. The legs of R795 were never connected, I was checking the pins between the wire leg and one pin of R795 and the hole. (If that all makes sense to you)

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 13
Tis what I meant by two common legs and one not.

Yea, I have trouble looking at the top of the board and transfering to the bottom of the board. I sorta compared it to R794 on the other side of the board, and when I didn't see the 3 pins soldered together I thought "bingo" thats the problem. Hey, I'm a welder(ret) this electronics bs is hard.:D

Ah well, the SM reveals these things- there is a nice pic of the traces in it.

Indeed!! After 28 days ( the length of this thread) I've completly lost the ability to think (at least clearly). I think it's time to close this thread. Thanks to everyone who tried to help me.

Don't give up - do you have a variac?

A VARIAC????? You saw what kind of damage I can do with a dim bulb tester, I can only imagine what kind of havoc I could wreak with one of those!!!! No, as Dirty Harry said "A man needs to know his limitations" (or something like that).

a variac in conjunction with a dbt is good ..
anyway don't give up on it just yet .. take a break and in the meantime take some high resolution pictures and let us see them .

Hey guy's: I Kinda let this thread just hang there, with no outcome stated. I don't like to do that!!!! (fairness issue)
Anyway, thanks to the graciousness(sp) of PAT FONTE, this 2245 is up and running, and sounding beautiful. No definite fault was found, but a possible short or broken wire may have been the culprit. This was probably a direct result of my futzing around with it, but I guess that will never be known for sure. Anyway I've had it running, practically non stop for a few weeks now and it is producing that warm MARANTZ sound, that it was designed to do.
I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank Pat as well as Brad and Pete for their efforts in getting this 2245 up and running. Living in a rural area, with no techs in a hundred mile radius, presents a real challenge when attempting to repair electronic equipment, vintage or otherwise. Audiokarma is a real godsend to guy's like me, who hate to trash gear that we have owned for years, but have no way of getting it fixed. When I use the term "Audiokarma" that is shorthand for guy's like Pat, Brad,Pete and others,(Mark the fixer in the Pioneer section, comes to mind) who come to the rescue of people like myself who want/need to get their gear repaired. These guy's spend countless hours of their precious time going over schematics and posting endless possibilities of probable causes of problems, and in the end, sometimes just get a halfhearted "thank you" in return. I'm sure they don't expect anything else, but I think they deserve "at least" a "WHOLE HEARTED" thank you for your time and efforts. Thank's guy's your efforts "ARE" appreciated!!!!

Back
Top Bottom