2250B questions

75Center

I have a 2250B, purchased in 1977 that recently died. I am not having luck finding service for it. I live in the Kansas City area. Any advice on where to get it repaired?????

I LOVE my Marantz :music: and hate the idea of having to buy a new receiver :tears: . Could someone wiser than me tell me if the 2250B is as great as I think it is? What in the world could I buy that would be comparible???? I've had it paired with some HPM 60 speakers by Pioneer.

Thanks for your help!

I've a 2275 I bought new in '76. Started loosing sound on one channel a while back. I sent it in to Stereo Repair in NY (http://stereorepair.net/) last year. Friendly, fast, and reasonably priced service (cost me ~$130 not counting shipping charges for the heavy beast).
I've also heard good things about (http://www.vintage-electronics.cc/). Although I've not sent any equipment there in for repair, I have purchased parts and gotten questions answered.
Jerry

You've come to the right place. I have a 2250B and I like it very much too! It is one great Marantz worth fixing. Tell us what's going on and any symptoms. We might be able to help you fix it yourself. And if not there are a couple of members that certainly can.

Welcome to AK!
Carl

You live near one of the finest repairman and expert on the forum, contact ECHOWARS!!! :yes:

Thanks so much for the great advice and warm welcome. Carl - your comment that I might fix it myself truly made me laugh. If you only knew how inept I was!!!! :D

You've all given me great food for thought! I am so happy to find this forum - a guy from E-bay told me about this web site.

75Center

I own the 2250B and IMO it's the BEST Marantz 22xx sounding receiver. Just my ears talking but the 2250B is worth the fix. Great receiver.

If you live in South FLA, send me an email. I can fix any problem you have with it. I have spare parts also

What is the problem with it .....??

MattFLA

75Center said:
Thanks so much for the great advice and warm welcome. Carl - your comment that I might fix it myself truly made me laugh. If you only knew how inept I was!!!! :D

You've all given me great food for thought! I am so happy to find this forum - a guy from E-bay told me about this web site.

75Center

ha...that's what I thought about my skills. I've gone from total "inpetitudeness" to being able to actually make things work! It's all because of all the great members here. And if Echowars is in your neighborhood he's the man!

Cheers

Doing electronics repair at home is fun and challenging. Of course, it's not everyone's bag.

jasong said:
Doing electronics repair at home is fun and challenging. Of course, it's not everyone's bag.
More damage can be made witout a complete understanding of the unit. Not to mention safety issues.
Very rewarding when successful.:D

Ron

Take it to EchoWars. He's in your neighborhood. The 2250 is a nice piece. The last one I serviced had a melted housing for the fuselamp behind the radio dial. Fortunately I had a donor machine, and so did the swap.

Enjoy your set!

Fred Longworth

Back
Top Bottom