2252B Cabinet

Does anyone know if the 2252B with the optional wood cabinet has a full metal top cover under it?

Back in the day, I had a new 2250 and 2252B...both came with the top metal cabinets on them. I also had a WC-22 wood cabinet I used on both. I know the 2252B was supposed to have a different cabinet since the amps in it were on one side instead of both sides like the 2250. I didn't take off the metal top on either receiver when I put them inside the WC-22 wood cabinet. If I remember correctly (always in doubt), the silver face models like the 2252B used multi-piece cabinets but I'm unsure if it was recommended to take off the metal top.

the 2285B was sold without the metal cover when you got the wood case, they were sold together not separately or you could get the 2285B with metal case and no wood, i dont know if the 2252B was sold that way as well but it could have been

the WC-122 does not have a top screen and is meant to be used on a receiver with the metal cover, WC-22 can be used with or without metal cover. one of the techs i use recommends that the metal cover be left on when in the wood case as it helps block some of the RF waves from cell phones and other electronics, taking it off doesnt improve the over all cooling that much. one of my receivers kept making clicking sounds everytime i flipped a record on the turntable next to it and i thought it was a grounding issue i finally figured out it was the cell phone in my pocket.

You could get 2 different wood cases for this unit.
The one piece wood case came with a metal screen.
The later 3 piece wood case was open on the top and what u see is actually the units metal cover, not a screen from the wood case. The sides had plastic grills that came with the woodcase.

Back
Top Bottom