2252b Stereo Lamp replacement

greybeige

I've searched but can't find anything that helps (enough) to replace the Stereo Indicator lamp on a Marantz 2252b receiver. I'm working over the lamps on a friend's old set (resurrected from a storage room but in absolutely immaculate condition and guts seem to be working flawlessly). I've got the fuse lamp board out but don't want to proceed too far with the stereo light without some input on what bulb and how to replace. Does the never-used DLB-1 lamp need to replaced also at this time or could it be used to replace the Stereo lamp?

Thanks!

Hello, my x-ref shows that unit using eight 8v/200ma fuse lamps, two 8v/60ma red and white wire metal collar lamps, and one 8v/60ma/3mm lamp for the dial pointer, I have all of these lamps in my arsenal, I've never worked on that model so I can't share much insight about it, Dave. :yes:

marantz_lamps_03.jpg

You might get a little more info if you search for a 2252B, instead of 2552B.

My wife has one of those in her system, but I have never had to replace a bulb.

<Crap, I'm probably tempting the Fates, and will have to do a re-lamp, now!:D>

OK, good catch 2252b

I've got some 4mm 8V 55mA bulbs from a Pioneer replacement job. Would they do in a pinch?? Don't want to screw up the stereo de-coder now, do we?

djwojo is your man for lamps etc. I have the service manual for the 2252B. Shows no specs for the stereo lamp or Dolby. But it shows the same part #.

I've got some 4mm 8V 55mA bulbs from a Pioneer replacement job. Would they do in a pinch?? Don't want to screw up the stereo de-coder now, do we?
In the 2252b that's fine, although they might be physically smaller, the Marantz lamp might also be brighter. :yes:

djwojo is your man for lamps etc. I have the service manual for the 2252B. Shows no specs for the stereo lamp or Dolby. But it shows the same part #.
Hi, my stereo lamps are marked part# 1N10080340, hopefully that matches? :scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom