2265 power switch repair

kalpol

Thought this might help someone...I discovered that the power switch on my 2265 is pretty easy to repair. It turns out be a ... what do you call it..."double pole single throw"? Whatever it's called, there are two available switch circuits, only one of which is being used. So you can just switch the power leads to the other side if one side fails.

I didn't do that yet though, I took it apart and cleaned it up. It's pretty easy to bend back the tabs and pull off the switch body, nothing will shoot out at you if you're careful. The button and its springs are not bound in place by the switch body (I mean you can take it off as a unit without bits flying everywhere) and the pegs on the slider are spring loaded but not under much tension.

The rocker contact on mine was eaten flat by arcing but I cleaned it up and scraped it and bent it a bit until contact was good and put it back together. It works fine now and if it fails again I'll just switch the leads to the other side.

...or you could double the current carrying capacity of the switch and use both halves.

Or,,,, just replace it!! I keep a few on hand in case I get the urge to replace them in my collection, Dave.

Marantz_Switches_01.jpg

dgwojo said:
Or,,,, just replace it!! I keep a few on hand in case I get the urge to replace them in my collection, Dave.
lot of switches there hahaha! It was actually a pleasure to work on this one though...no little spring-loaded balls shooting everwhere.

Back
Top Bottom