2270 arrived- need quick offset check

mantis

Hey guys, 2270 arrived sounds great as is but I want to make sure this thing checks out so I bought a decent meter.

With the meter set at 200m, the readings are:
left channel: 04.6
right channel: 26.2

Looks like the right channel is borked, needs to be adjusted! Does this make sense to you guys? Just making sure this sounds like im measuring it right so far- I'll describe the unit shortly.

So, per the manual, and per this picture, should one adjust the dc offset:

attachment.php

by adjusting O on each of the boards correct? Thanks!!

hmm. Hey guys, why are there no offset and bias controls for the left one? I see the two white adjusters on the right heatsink area, but not on the left. Are they under the board? If so, how do I get to that to adjust? Please help im confused. Thanks.

grateful said:
Frankly both reading are fine. I wouldn't mess with it.
too late. I adjusted the offset on the right channel and it is now reading between 0.01 and 0.03. Pretty good I think :D What I really want to know is how to fix the left channel. I can't find the white adjuster for that side yet, where is it?!?!

The driver board may be inverted and the pots at the bottom of the driver board. Take of the bottom of the receiver and see if that gains access.

grateful said:
The driver board may be inverted and the pots at the bottom of the driver board. Take of the bottom of the receiver and see if that gains access.
that is what i am thinking- however it is 50 some lbs and the top is off, i dont want to mess up! Any confirmation, or are you confirming it?

ruesselschorf said:
Yes, the trimmers are upside down on the other channel, have to unscrew the bottom plate!

Helmut
hey ruesselchorf,
I have another question that maybe you can help me with- my mid and treble controls are rubbing against the metal faceplate becuase it looks like the faceplate is sticking out just a little bit in the middle of the unit. Is it possible to take off the treble/mid pot switch thing? If i could pull it out a little it would fix it. Thanks

cool guys, I flipped it over. Looks like this thing will be pretty nice. And btw the faceplate issue seems solved now that I took off teh bottom- I guess it was just forward a bit. When I put it back on I'll make sure it gives the front a little clearance. Thanks for the tips so far!

Back
Top Bottom