1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

2270 Function switch

Discussion in 'Marantz Audio' started by Osibisa, May 19, 2017.

1. Osibisa

Osibisa New Member

The rotary switch on my recently acquired unit takes some effort to move between modes (aux, am, fm, etc). I applied IPA which loosened it up a bit, but not knowing just how easily it should move leaves me doubting if the issue is resolved.

Should this switch move with minimal effort?

Additionally the tone controls need more attention as I got them to loosen up considerably but not as free moving independently (L + R) as I would like.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  2. Steven Tate

Steven Tate AK Subscriber Subscriber

Several flushings with Deoxit D5 followed by a bit of Faderlube F5 should free them up as much as possible without disassembly.

3. wlhd1610

wlhd1610 Penny and her new friend Subscriber

Be very careful when cleaning any of the pots that you don't wash all the grease out which leaves them no longer having that "silky smooth" feel.

Bob

4. thxdave

thxdave Lava Lamp repairman Subscriber

I made that mistake on one of my volume pots. Is there any way to get that smooth, viscous feel back into the mechanism?

5. wlhd1610

wlhd1610 Penny and her new friend Subscriber

You can make a up a rig that allows you to inject some lithium grease back in around the shaft.

Bob