2270 measuring 6.5V instead of 35V???

See the data sheet for the 2SC696:
http://www.datasheetcrawler.com/specsheet/2SC696.html

This transistor has a Ic max =3A, but the replacement has a much lower Ic max= 0.5A

I'm not sure he will survive. This regulator drives many boards in the receiver. The most important parameter for this application is the power rating. In normal operation there is about 10V across this transistor. If the output current from the regulator is only 100mA, this transistor must dissipate 1W. This is more than the max power for the 2SC696. I dont know how much current this regulator must supply, but just in R807 and R808 there is 8mA...

For H806, you need a high DC gain transistor for this application, for good regulation.

After further searching for your substitute, yes the 2SC1567 will work. It is a 1.5W transistor. Better than the original.

The original has a hFE between 120 and 240 at Ic=20mA, but your substitute has a lower gain. In normal operation, there is about 1.5mA in this transistor, and 30V across it. Any 50V, 50mA, 200mW high gain transistor will work. Try to find one with the same pin-out.

Last edited:
Yes, they will work. The first one is a 40W transistor. This is overkill, but for 50¢...

But I don't think your 2SC696 is bad. You have a nice 0.6 V drop in the be junction, as it should be, 40 V drop between the collector and emitter. The problem comes from the base voltage for the 2SC696. If H806 (the 2SC734Y) was operating as it should be, you would have 35.7 V at H805's base.

Well, I can get them both since they are so cheap and try out the replacement for H806, report back here, and if all measures well then H805 can keep on ticking! Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

Hey guys! Update finally,
Put in a replacement and I am no longer measuring 6.5!!!! Unfortunately, it is measuring 40. Is 40 too high? I have tried adjusting the variable resistor next to it and it made no impact on the voltage measured. Please advise, atleast going forward I think!

Yay, it finally works. I had misread the new tranny. Thank you everyone, this was difficult but it works woohoo! Now how on earth did that thing short? A mystery, but it is behind. Thanks again!!

Back
Top Bottom