Here is mine.:yes:

Attachments

• marantz_2270_image.jpg
    marantz_2270_image.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 100_0840.jpg
    100_0840.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 72
I couldn't get a real clear picture on this camera today for some reason.
I had the same the same black tarry stuff on the inside of mine too and it came off easy with a damp cloth.

Attachments

• My 2270 001.jpg
    My 2270 001.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 54
  • My 2270 003.jpg
    My 2270 003.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 53
I have a 2270 with case. Unfortunately, it now sits on my credenza with my Luxman R-1120 as my EchoWars reburbished 1250 handles the chores. I find the 2270 to be a very warm receiver with enough power to handle most speakers.
Larry

LBPete said:
Does this count?

One of the best audio ads of all time I think! I remember seeing it in Audio or Stereo Review when it first came out back in the 70's!
I've never owned one of these classics but am currently trying to track down a 2270,2275 or 4270 quad. Ebay is quite active with these but you sure have to watch out ... some are in pretty bad shape!
Tim

I'll have my newly refurbed 2270 on Saturday, and will post pictures ASAP.

:banana:

Here it is!

Attachments

• 2270 006_edit2.jpg
    2270 006_edit2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 2270 003_edit2.jpg
    2270 003_edit2.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 36
Here is my 2270 in walnut that my Dad bought new in 1975. I still have the original box and paper work.

Attachments

• P3110065.JPG
    P3110065.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 68
Don't have the 2270 (yet :D ), but do have the 2275, also mentioned in that "famous" ad. I'm listening (as I type this) to a phenomenal string quartet piece on FM radio through it now (as pre-amp through the Esotec PM-4 and out the Victor Japan (JVC) SX3-III speakers. :music: sweet, indeed! :yes: :D

Can't post pics now... perhaps later.

I should have mine back next month

I found one local about 6 months ago and its currently being restored. Hopefully the backlog will be over next month. Not in a big rush, I actually have no safe place to set it up (3 kids)! However, once I can figure this one out, it will be mated to a pair of JBL L100's (early verticle arrays) that are waiting for new blue quadrex grills to arrive. This should be a nice combo. Pictures soon to come

oldtubes said:
Here is my 2270 in walnut that my Dad bought new in 1975. I still have the original box and paper work.

That's a beauty Oldtubes! The wood cabinet really adds to the look of these. I'm awaiting arrival of a 2270 I recently won on ebay(My 1st Marantz!) with original manual. One day I hope to get the cabinet for it also. (I see these alone go for big bucks on ebay today!)
I wonder how much the cabinet option was originally back in the 70's????
Enjoy your 2270!
Tim

timw said:
One of the best audio ads of all time I think! I remember seeing it in Audio or Stereo Review when it first came out back in the 70's!
I've never owned one of these classics but am currently trying to track down a 2270,2275 or 4270 quad. Ebay is quite active with these but you sure have to watch out ... some are in pretty bad shape!
Tim

Well, I finally snagged a 2270 on ebay and it arrived yesterday. Overall, a super clean unit. Looks like it it took a small hit however during shipment. The back corner of the metal cover above the spkr connectors is dented slightly.
I also thought the STEREO bulb was out but then noticed that FM stations were NOT playing in stereo. Mono buttons are in the off position.
Just wondering if someone here at AK could point me in the right direction in troubleshooting the FM Stereo problem...
Much appreciated and will post pics soon...
Tim

timw said:
That's a beauty Oldtubes! The wood cabinet really adds to the look of these. I'm awaiting arrival of a 2270 I recently won on ebay(My 1st Marantz!) with original manual. One day I hope to get the cabinet for it also. (I see these alone go for big bucks on ebay today!)
I wonder how much the cabinet option was originally back in the 70's????
Enjoy your 2270!
Tim

i think i read somewhere that the WC22 wood case was priced at $28...correct me if i'm wrong:scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom