2270 Refurb in Austin?

Baisao

I have a 2270 that's in good condition— all features work and the unit sounds great— but will probably need a refurb considering the age. It has been around humidity as there are small spots of rust on the faceplate screws. I’ve heard shipping horror stories so I would like to get it worked on locally.

Can anyone recommend a good technician, one capable of refurbishing the unit, in the Austin area?

Thank you!

Give AK member Txturbo a PM. He’s a good tech and in Austin. I just don’t know if he takes these kinds of jobs.
Steve

What level of “refurb” are you wanting? Clean controls and set to specs or a omplete recap of all electrolytics and known problem transistors? LED’s?

What level of “refurb” are you wanting? Clean controls and set to specs or a omplete recap of all electrolytics and known problem transistors? LED’s?

More along the lines of the latter, in bold. I think I will send it out after all. Nevertheless, it would be good to know recommended local experts should there be any issues.

Agreed if planning on keeping long term and passing on to descendants. Great investment. You will find good qualified techs here on AK.

Mike at Austin Stereo on Burnet Rd. Expensive, but quality work. Try to not buy anything else when you're in there.

Thanks for reminding me about Austin Stereo, Stratman. I’ve been meaning to go by there. It’s especially good to know they also do quality work.

Back
Top Bottom