2325, I'm liking it more every day!

birddog

Addicted Member
I just want to say a quick thank you to AK'er "2325fan", who made me a GREAT deal on a 2325 a few weeks ago, one that I could not refuse, even though I am trying to get my pile down to a managable size. This is my first Marantz, I'm a low budget kinda guy, and I have never been able to be in the right place at the right time to score one that I could afford. It's all there, and seems to be working fine, although it needs a good cleaning of the switches, and I bet it could use a good checking out by some one who knows what they are doing, just to make sure all is A-OK. I hear that AK'er "Grateful" is "The Man" in this neck of the woods for this, one of these days i have to get off my but and give him a shout. I have the 2325 hooked up to a pair of DCM TF-600's, and it sounds amazing, a really good combo. The DCM's seem to do a good job of knocking down some of the mellow out of the Marantz, without messing up the wonderful sound these are known for. Call it "Two Martini" instead of "Three Martini" sound! Combined with a Toshiba SD-3990 DVD/CD player, it's a little slice of heaven, or at least as close as I am gonna get to heaven, on my budget! I played "Lay It Down" from Cowboy Junkies, Robert Bradley's Blackwater Surprise (Self titled) and "Trouble Bound" from The Blasters, (Live, LA House of Blues, March/June 2002) and was very impressed by the sound this combo was putting out. I'm sure that after servicing it will only sound better! Any how, thanks again to "2325fan" for the chance to finally have a Marantz I can call my own! :thmbsp:

Great job birddog! I just got a good deal on a 2325 the other day too, I'm loving the unit! Sounds cleaner than other Marantz receivers, maybe it's just me but I find it more comfortable to listen to. Doesn't lack grunt by any means! Some people think my 2330BD will sound better when it's back together, but I'm digging the 2325 right now.

hey john, isnt that what friends are for?? i was once told that sometimes its good to pass something along to a friend than to sell it!! and thats what i did for u, uve helped me out quite alot, but member do again what u did last nite ur other half might jus call me to pick it up lol your friend jimi aka 2325fan

just to give u an understanding of the 2325 its underrated at 125 wpc but the one i gave to birddog i had rated an it clipped at 185 wpc!!!

Thanks guys! the 2325 is sweetly and softly playing Steely Dan's "Aja" as I write this, and I have this silly little grin on my face as I sit here listening to it... That says something about how nice it sounds! I better check my chin for drool as well, just in case!

well i hate to be the barer of bad news but that lil grin u have will get bigger trust me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hey john hope u have ur bib nearby

Back
Top Bottom