2325 Just never thought I’d get the opportunity. Then it happened.

sx1010JBL

Hello all. A little about me, and how I attain most of my gear. I manage 2 storage facilities and 4 commercial properties. A little over 500 tenants. About 480 of which know my hobby, or, obsession. It doesn’t hurt that I am able to have a system in my office where I spin vinyl daily. This is a great conversation starter. Yes, I am a ‘make it happen’ guy. Often, I receive said items free, as they were on there way to drop them off at a thrift anyway. Although I have others, I am a Marantzaholic.
About 7 weeks ago, a potential tenant came into the office. He saw my system asked about it, and I told him i collect vintage audio especially Marantz. He stated he had a Marantz 2325 and asked if I would be interested. Sure,I replied calmly. He says I’ll bring it in. 7 weeks go by and i forgot all about it. Not. He shows up, I open the door, as I see the faceplate plastic protector, WC-43, I wonder how much is in my wallet. He offers to plug it in. I reply, after asking if it has been used in the last 10 yrs or more, and noticing the cord plug, no. Got it, original manual and schematic, very reasonable. I doubt it has ever been out of its case. Beautiful aesthetically, a good start. I’ll open it up tomorrow, we’ll see. Lucky, yes, but, you have to make it happen. 2DF0637C-FF5B-4213-A11E-9CEB8897F587.jpegB1460A92-2EDC-4100-B35E-C4654A95F1A5.jpeg1B7D7312-4087-490A-9F7D-2BF75E8DFF87.jpegD9A98A47-D9C4-470E-B1CF-BBD5132B1BCF.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello all. A little about me, and how I attain most of my gear. I manage 2 storage facilities and 4 commercial properties. A little over 500 tenants. About 480 of which know my hobby, or, obsession. It doesn’t hurt that I am able to have a system in my office where I spin vinyl daily. This is a great conversation starter. Yes, I am a ‘make it happen’ guy. Often, I receive said items free, as they were on there way to drop them off at a thrift anyway. Although I have others, I am a marantzaholic.
About 7 weeks ago, a potential tenant came into the office. He saw my system asked about it, and I told him i collect vintage audio especially Marantz. He stated he had a Marantz 2325 and asked if I would be interested. Sure,I replied calmly. He says I’ll bring it in. 7 weeks go by and i forgot all about it. Not. He shows up, I open the door, as I see the faceplate plastic protector, WC-43, I wonder how much is in my wallet. He offers to plug it in. I reply, after asking if it has been used in the last 10 yrs or more, and noticing the cord plug, no. Got it, original manual and schematic, very reasonable. I doubt it has ever been out of its case. Beautiful aesthetically, a good start. I’ll open it up tomorrow, we’ll see. Lucky, yes, but, you have to make it happen.

Congratulations! The Holy Grail as far as I'm concerned.

Heavy MF RIGHT!

Know mine also in wrapped wood is a beast!

Enjoy your new toy. I already know you will.

Barney

Got to make things happen. That was a great find!

You will really be able to pi#$ off your tennants with that bad boy.

I bought a couple of Marantz receivers new in the 70’s. Never understood how anyone could leave the plastic protector in place — that face plate was meant to be seen and admired. On the other hand, his loss in esthetics over the last 40+ years is your gain. Nice find!

That's a great unit, congrats on getting it - and fulfilling a goal! Man, you're a winner in my book.

Some people leave that plastic on new furniture (or at least I've seen it many many years ago) and some people apparently leave that plastic protector on audio equip.
I don't think I have a pic, but I bought a 3300 that still had that protector on it. I took it off!

Thank you all. Took the plastic faceplate cover off and wow, beautiful. I got it out of the case. It was tight and not easy. I put the first skid marks on the bottom inside of the case-not bad, and I went slowly, but they are there. I took off the metal cover and cleaned it. I’m the first one in here, except for a spider cocoon. I’m no expert, but, it looks visually perfect and all original. I’ll work on taking off the bottom later-2 different size screws and lots of them!

5FF65AE6-E6A3-4B8C-9878-E008261B324E.jpeg 787C861B-4B2D-4BFE-93C6-82FD5B2D0D7B.jpeg FB5F0460-46EC-4E40-BBF9-3E7B57F2ED60.jpeg 531411B3-A136-4D4F-92B0-63BFCDBBAF4E.jpeg 2453D05A-52D5-48A1-A20C-0890048E9341.jpeg 509ADE7B-EF69-4AE6-BEE1-7955CE5C27B6.jpeg F0FC916D-20C2-463B-A80E-D5E8FD45AB3D.jpeg 5117D18F-E3D6-406D-B5BE-B8539F209854.jpeg

Fairlane, no, not yet.
I have never opened up a vintage receiver and after close inspection seen no visual issues. I need to take off the bottom panel, check for leakage/flows. Then replace the power cord-that thing on the end has me worried. Then check the lamp housing for melting-this will give me a better idea of how much use. Then DBT. I work a lot, and yes, I’m anxious.

Hello all. A little about me, and how I attain most of my gear. I manage 2 storage facilities and 4 commercial properties. A little over 500 tenants. About 480 of which know my hobby, or, obsession. It doesn’t hurt that I am able to have a system in my office where I spin vinyl daily. This is a great conversation starter. Yes, I am a ‘make it happen’ guy. Often, I receive said items free, as they were on there way to drop them off at a thrift anyway. Although I have others, I am a marantzaholic.
About 7 weeks ago, a potential tenant came into the office. He saw my system asked about it, and I told him i collect vintage audio especially Marantz. He stated he had a Marantz 2325 and asked if I would be interested. Sure,I replied calmly. He says I’ll bring it in. 7 weeks go by and i forgot all about it. Not. He shows up, I open the door, as I see the faceplate plastic protector, WC-43, I wonder how much is in my wallet. He offers to plug it in. I reply, after asking if it has been used in the last 10 yrs or more, and noticing the cord plug, no. Got it, original manual and schematic, very reasonable. I doubt it has ever been out of its case. Beautiful aesthetically, a good start. I’ll open it up tomorrow, we’ll see. Lucky, yes, but, you have to make it happen. View attachment 1208126View attachment 1208127View attachment 1208128View attachment 1208130
Very nice Sir! Happy for you.

Good to be cautious but I bet it will work.
Yup, you were right. It's ALIVE !!! The first 3 minutes were like someone waking up after a long nap. Then she started singing beautifully. I tested everything. EVERYTHING works! Including ALL lamps! Am i kidding? No.
After a couple hours it was only warm. I'll work on the wc-43 case this weekend. It only needs a light work over. Then, figure out which receiver is getting bumped. Can't keep them all. And this one's not going anywhere.

IMG_4575.jpg IMG_4573.jpg IMG_4581.jpg IMG_4589.PNG

Back
Top Bottom