2330B- Daayummm! I love it. Have a ? too.

Old Hippie

I picked up the 2330B on Sunday and just hooked that bad boy up. I never had anything near it's class. I just ran my little girl out of the room, can't wait for my son and wife to get home!

I have Marantz HD770 speakers hooked up. I have a set of Bose bookshelf speakers that I want to hook up too. This is what is on the back of the Bose: Amplifers 10-150 W/channel, imp 8 ohms, I.E.C. Power rating 75W/channel.

Will it be Ok to run those speakers on "system 2"? Also, the speaker wire is the thin kind, not like extension cord wire. I do not want to hurt this receiver in any way. I have waited a long time to get something this azz kickin. Thanks from a audio know nothing.

You don't even know how much I envy you....the 2330B is my favorite Marantz and I'm trying really hard to find one that's in good cosmetic condition but needs enough repair to make it cheap (I'm eyeing one locally right now). I fix gear myself (just did new transistors in a 2230 and currently addressing a bad power switch and power amp in a 2245 and relay problem in a 2230B) so this is the best way to sneak into the 100+wpc class on a budget for me.

Someone was asking about 2 sets of speakers on a 2330B the other day I believe, I think as long as they're both 8ohm you'll be fine. The only thing is that you shouldn't push the Boses too hard as the 2330B can hit 185wpc at peak.

Thanks. I picked up the receiver and speakers for 100 bucks. Everything works and looks great too.

Hey, can any damage be done to the receiver? I will sacrifice the Bose before I sacrifice the 2330B. I am rockin it right now!!!!!!!! :banana: :music: :smoke:

That is an AMAZING deal, where did you find it? Now the envy is even more bitter :p I would die for a deal that good. The best I've ever done is a Yamaha CR-620 that needs lights and some transformer wiring work for $3 at a local thrift store. She must sound extra sweet!

Old Hippie said:
Thanks. I picked up the receiver and speakers for 100 bucks. Everything works and looks great too.

Hey, can any damage be done to the receiver? I will sacrifice the Bose before I sacrifice the 2330B. I am rockin it right now!!!!!!!! :banana: :music: :smoke:

Important thing is let the 2330 breath... space above it and to the sides to stay cooler...

At some point you want to blow the dust out (if needed), Deoxit clean the controls.... and at some point consider re-capping it.

Rock on.....

johnk

Yep, DEFINITELY give it a lot of room above to vent, and a bit on the sides too. I rearranged my setup such that my 2285B had a lot more room, and the difference was immediate. I find most of the heat comes off the main dual caps/transformer/the power board area (obviously).

You scored big time getting both for $100.I would like some 880's for my 2330b w/wood.Beautiful sound and looks.

Yeah, I got lucky. The guy was getting rid of stuff because he was moving. I was getting real close to buying something on Ebay, but never really saw a killer deal when you added in the shipping. To top it all off, the dude lived 5 minutes down the road from me and was a great guy.

Any more comments on the lightweight speaker wires and hooking up the Bose?

Hello. This is actually my first post her on AK. I have 2330B sitting on the shelf right now not in use. Planning on getting it professionally serviced first.

Wanted to mention about deoxit. Read a thread I believe in vintage ss, but not sure, about using deoxit especially on marantz gear and the pots in particular. Discussion in the thread suggested that using deoxit could damage the original lubrication thereby requiring more frequent need for lubrication. I would do your own research and then decide. Part of the thread was some good information on cleaning the insides of a receiver including cleaning the circuit boards and relays.

A question: Does anyone know a service tech for vintage gear, marantz in particular, that they would recommend who is in the Midwest? Preferably central Illinois.

Peace
HB

Wow!! $100 is a steal!
I've also got a 2330B and HD-770 speakers.
I love the combo.
HamBone, I sent my 2330B to EchoWars, and he got it up to snuff.
Where are you located?
Welcome to AK, Old Hippie & HamBone.

Thanks for the welcome.

Been reading threads here since late 2006, but was having some trouble getting my account activated. That's all sorted out now.

I'm In Champaign. 2 hour from Chicago and Indianapolis. I've seen EchoWars name mentioned in quite a few threads.

BTW, I follow the school of thought if it is not broken do not fix it. And would suggest that unless pots are scratchy and the unit is working well leave is alone. I think a good internal micro vacum goes a long way. I do have a Technics SA200 that I applies deoxit to about every pot, connection, etc that I could get to, except anything to do with the tuner, and I do think there was some overall improvement in performance. I believe this was mostly in improving conductivity with rca terminals and speaker terminals.

HB

Back
Top Bottom