25,000 lp collection

www.records

Quality over Quantity
I just got off the phone with this guy and was the first to respond. It was a donated collection of a DJ who passed away about 6 years ago. It has not been gone through or cherry picked and was donated to a youth organization by the deceased brother.

He is holding it for me to look through, which will be today around noon. I might be needing a uHaul and a storage unit of my own until I can check these out thoroughly.

http://joplin.craigslist.org/emd/1353881820.html

It sure sounds promising, as he said about 10% were still sealed and all but about 5% are in excellent condition.

Wish me luck.

I also meant to ask about any stereo equiptment that he may have had. If he was a DJ he might have had an SP-10 II or two.

"We're going to need a bigger boat..." (Jaws)

Bring help. Football-player size help. And beer.

Good luck!

I'm just down the road if you need some help with that...

If the seller had the good sense to put it on the Springfield CL instead, I would have beat you to it. :D

sounds to me like you have already had some luck. 300 is an absolute steal. Good times.

Rick

Let's see.... top 40 stuff, 25k records...

This could be an interesting haul.

Hopefully you'll become a subscriber - many who have made big scores like this have sold off their extras in Barter Town.

Wow! Definitly take help. I just finished moving 1000 LPs and I am still wore out. I cannot imagine 25,000!! Sounds like a deal of a lifetime to me :)

25,000 LP's at a penny a piece? This has Columbia House beat by a mile!

80's collection right up my alley too. Curious as to whether there are some rare UK imports.

Good luck and (gotta do it) -- SCROE!:music:

By my calculation, that's well over 300 linear feet of records. Likely a super deal, but one with very low WAF. Wear a back brace if you get 'em and don't show up in a Mazda Miata.

I have already got some help lined up if needed (myself and 2 others). If this deal goes through, I will be renting a large uhaul and going directly to a storage unit (I am gonna have to get one) to unload. I will keep the unit long enough for me to have time to sort through this stuff and pick out the stuff I want to keep. The rest will find new homes.

I am heading out the door to go see it and will give an update when I return later today. It is about 40 miles from my house.

Steve

Ok, I am back and the collection is mine. I didn't have much time to look through a whole lot of the collection, and by estimation there is probably closer to 27,500 lps.

I have a Penske truck reserved for me in the morning and I told him I would be there around 11am to load them up. They are all boxed up and ready to go. The ones I did look at were of mixed genre. I didn't see much old RnR stuff at all, but I barely skimmed the surface of what was there. I may have looked at roughly 500 records and decided "what da hell", but it already.

The guy even said he would get a couple of others along with himself to help load it up. And I am bringing my daughters boyfriend with me, so if there are 5 of us, I think we can load it all up in about 45 minutes or so.

After looking at it, I am going to go move some stuff around in the garage and just put it in there for now. I don't see the need to have a rental storage bill for this. Plus this way it will be close to where I can go out there and go through it whenever I have some time. Sounds like a fun fall project of sorts.

Wish I was there to help, it would be a blast going through those boxes! :thmbsp:

Scott

Well done!!!! :thmbsp::thmbsp: Keep us posted on titles/ condition, surprises & and what not.

Back
Top Bottom