250 VU meter hairspring repair Help

elgrillo

El Grillo
Hello, guys having a problem with on meter of my marantz 250. I already striped out the Vu meter and found the problem, the hairspring on the backside has it no longer making contact with the inner shaft .

Maybe someone has a tip or technic to resolder it back? i already tried using a loup but its very very difcult. The coil still intact so if I manage to resolder back the hairspring i think the meter will come back to life.

Here two photos of the stripped meter.

Thanks in advanced.

Gonzalo.coil shaft.jpg hair spring.jpg

Maybe someone has a tip or technic to resolder it back? i already tried using a loup but its very very difcult.

I have had "issues" with meters before. If you know, or know of an "old school" jeweler/watch repair guy, take it to them. I am fortunate to know a retired one that is always looking for a "project". He did two meters for me in the time that it took me to re-tension the springs on his garage door LOL. Think "outside the box"--he has also soldered a few VC's for me that I wouldn't even try. He made a living "looking through a loupe" for 50 years, so he is good at it.

Wow, wow WOW!

What a great pointer......

I have had "issues" with meters before. If you know, or know of an "old school" jeweler/watch repair guy, take it to them. I am fortunate to know a retired one that is always looking for a "project". He did two meters for me in the time that it took me to re-tension the springs on his garage door LOL. Think "outside the box"--he has also soldered a few VC's for me that I wouldn't even try. He made a living "looking through a loupe" for 50 years, so he is good at it.

Thanks all for the suggestions, but today a miracle happened, i was able to solder it and put it back all in one pice. The needle now its a little bit bended to the fornt , but after all the work I will leave it like that at least for a while. I really recommend not doing this by your self. I think i had a lot of luck and i hope all the work last at least a little while. If it brokens again I will send it to a jewel watch repair shop .

The good thing its than now i really know how this piece works.

Thanks to all again!

Gonzalo.

Back
Top Bottom