Can't wait to see it all done :tresbon: Like everyone else on this thread Iwait patiently for the next installment on this.

She needs her "knobs" though :naughty:

I may have to drag the Kefs to your house before you move that.

You are more than welcome to. I was able to flex the 2500 today for my brother with my rebuilt 103.2's and I am just in awe. These speakers are somewhat magical to me. And aside from their ability to make each instrument seem to come from its own woofer, the linear excursion is phenomenal. I would love to hear how the 104's compare.

Are you planning on venting the case? It looks awesome by the way!

Thanks. Yes it will have the 6 openings at the top and I'm thinking about buying a Marantz cover from ebay to cut and recess into the sides. Finding the original vents for a good price would be hard, if I could find them at all.

Other than that its been running flawlessly. This is a stunning unit to look at and listen to. I'm jealous that you have the 2500 and now the 2600!

McMaster Carr has all the perforated metal you could dream up, doesn't come all that cheap though. Worth a look since the original case vents would be impossible to get.

Beautiful work on the restoration, I'm amazed at how well you made it come together.

Amazing work my friend and a great read. I came in late but like a great novel I couldn't stop reading it. A solid walnut case to end it..... storybook!

Congrats...

Wow. I have been following from the beginning and am in awe! Absolutely spectacular work from start to finish. Amazing attention to detail and superior craftsmanship. Hats off to you Salbreth! :thmbsp:

McMaster Carr has all the perforated metal you could dream up, doesn't come all that cheap though. Worth a look since the original case vents would be impossible to get.

Beautiful work on the restoration, I'm amazed at how well you made it come together.

Thank you for the comments, they are much appreciated. I've checked the usual suppliers and my own local suppliers, Their is just nothing that matches the slot dimensions and spacing. Any of the later black lids have the same pattern and will be a perfect match. Funny, I just saw a listing for the two side panels of the w-124 cabinet that sold in July for $96 on ebay :dammit:

You are more than welcome to. I was able to flex the 2500 today for my brother with my rebuilt 103.2's and I am just in awe. These speakers are somewhat magical to me. And aside from their ability to make each instrument seem to come from its own woofer, the linear excursion is phenomenal. I would love to hear how the 104's compare.

Thanks. Yes it will have the 6 openings at the top and I'm thinking about buying a Marantz cover from ebay to cut and recess into the sides. Finding the original vents for a good price would be hard, if I could find them at all.

Other than that its been running flawlessly. This is a stunning unit to look at and listen to. I'm jealous that you have the 2500 and now the 2600!

The case looks like it's going to be fantastic! Matches the rest of your fine work.:thmbsp:

I thought that the three piece case goes over the existing cover, no vents to deal with. The slip on case has a metal vent. But I could be wrong, I have never actually seen the three piece case in the flesh.

I have seen some other pictures that show a separate vent but I am not sure they are original.

This is the brochure, It looks like it just covers the existing metal.

scan0011.jpg

Then there is this one.. The poster claims it's original.. :scratch2:
Picture802.jpg

Your right, it does slip over the metal case, but the side vents are still separate material otherwise their would be a 3/4" recess to the original metal case. The picture from ebay is correct. The other one with the plastic grille does not look original. The front beveled edge looks like a separate piece, probably to cover the ply edge of the side panel.

On second look the eBay panels are home made too. The mounting holes are not counterbored. I'm going to make mine look like the brochure!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

This is the front side of the panel, it looks countersunk. But the insert looks like it's crinkle painted or maybe even plastic. I bet it't not original..

Maybe someone with a real WC-124 can chime in....

$_57.JPG

wc-124

This is the front side of the panel, it looks countersunk. But the insert looks like it's crinkle painted or maybe even plastic. I bet it't not original..

Maybe someone with a real WC-124 can chime in....

$_57.JPG

The insert is made of plastic with the side exposed to the outside has a textured finish on it . The inside finish on the plastic insert is smooth . The side panels from eBay are correct . The holes are countersunk on the other side of the panel . The eBay picture shows the inside side of the panel that fits up against the receiver . My wc-124 case doesn't have the inserts for the two countersunk holes on the side panels but have the plastic grille inserts . Hope this helps ,
Shroomdog

The insert is made of plastic with the side exposed to the outside has a textured finish on it . The inside finish on the plastic insert is smooth . The side panels from eBay are correct . The holes are countersunk on the other side of the panel . The eBay picture shows the inside side of the panel that fits up against the receiver . My wc-124 case doesn't have the inserts for the two countersunk holes on the side panels but have the plastic grille inserts . Hope this helps ,
Shroomdog
Thank you for the clarification. The picture from ebay was deceiving until I saw the other panel. It looks like the case on the brochure doesn't have mounting hole inserts either, they may have came later.

In any case the side vents are already cut. I'm laying out the top now.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom