2nd SoCal LA/OC/IE/SD AudioKarma Meet, Sat. August 27, 2011

I'll bring speaker refoam tools in any case if someone wants to tackle it. I use a function generator to center the voice coil. It's a pretty cool tool.

- Pete

And of course, down to bring my Kyocera 910 set...

Hi Narkleptic, are you able to bring you Kyocera, hadn't heard form you so please let us know if you want a display space or share with someone.

Greg,

Any news on whether you'll be there?

Bart

I can prolly share if space gets tight. Just bringing TT, RCVR and speaks. Did we decide if bringing vinyl or other stuff for bartering was going to be OK?

I can prolly share if space gets tight. Just bringing TT, RCVR and speaks. Did we decide if bringing vinyl or other stuff for bartering was going to be OK?

Vinyl and other stuff for bartering is OK!

Can you bring some blue painter's tape as we discussed for marking the spaces? - 1 or 2" should be fine.

will anyone be printing out their Avatar along with their usernames as nametags.....or is that getting too personal?
What time Saturday???

And it's suppose to be really really hot....is this place got the AC?

Vinyl and other stuff for bartering is OK!

Can you bring some blue painter's tape as we discussed for marking the spaces? - 1 or 2" should be fine.

I have most of a roll an a couple of remnants I can bring. Anybody else have any blue or gaffer's tape? No duct tape, actually must be gaffer's tape.

My List

A couple items that I wonder if they work-Advent Dolby NR Unit, KLH Turntable NR Unit (click and pop remover)

And Couple of minor classics: Empire 298 turntable, Harman A500 Amp

And one that is just cool looking: Denon TU501 Tuner

And maybe a few barter items....

will anyone be printing out their Avatar along with their usernames as nametags.....or is that getting too personal?
What time Saturday???

And it's suppose to be really really hot....is this place got the AC?

I'll be bringing sort of generic adhesive name tags. I do want people to put their username on the tag along with your regular name. If you want to print your avatar and username out ahead and tape/paste or append it your nametag or use it as your name tag, no problem. We just want to be able to identify each other easily.

The church has plenty of AC and it'll be on early in the AM to keep the sanctuary cool. We'll see if it gets overpowered by all the tube gear :scratch2: But, not likely, if it can handle a crowd of over 250 for 3 hours and still stay cool, I think we'll be OK.

Doors open for setup around 8am, official open at 10am, but come anytime.

Remember to bring an item or two if you can for a raffle prize.

I can't make it so post a lot of pictures! Have fun!

Will do, hope you can make it next time. Better yet, round up the usual Bay Area suspects and put on an event of your own! Would be a good excuse for me to come visit!

A couple items that I wonder if they work-Advent Dolby NR Unit, KLH Turntable NR Unit (click and pop remover)

And Couple of minor classics: Empire 298 turntable, Harman A500 Amp

And one that is just cool looking: Denon TU501 Tuner

And maybe a few barter items....

Thanks for checking in, we'll have a space for ya!

Sorry, boys, can't make this one (real shame too since I have some very awesome goodies to show off)

Sorry to miss you, we'll try again later. BTW, had a question for you at LH about a recently closed electronics outlet. check the thread.

Ok, everyone remember to bring cameras, even Video Camcorders. I don't always remember to take pics so I'm counting on you guys and gals to help document this puppy!

Bart

I'll be bringing sort of generic adhesive name tags. I do want people to put their username on the tag along with your regular name. If you want to print your avatar and username out ahead and tape/paste or append it your nametag or use it as your name tag, no problem. We just want to be able to identify each other easily..

Sorry but that's not allowed in the witness protection program. Don't worry, I look just like my avatar.

The church has plenty of AC and it'll be on early in the AM to keep the sanctuary cool. We'll see if it gets overpowered by all the tube gear :scratch2: But, not likely, if it can handle a crowd of over 250 for 3 hours and still stay cool, I think we'll be OK.

Yeah but that's Baptist A/C. That preacher wants us sweatting bullets when he gets on a roll about damnation. :D

Is there an ice chest for cold drinks? Do we need ice?

I put together a few piles of stuff to go. It adds up fast.

- Pete

...if you guys have some interesting stuff to donate (small, med. or large, doesn't matter, and not just clothing) for door prizes, that would be great...Time is getting short. I've received 4 requests so far for space, along with myself, so let us know soon....BTW, I can always bring some extra speakers for people to demo stuff on if they don't want or can't bring speakers...Bart

I will poke around to see if I have any stuff to donate, is it too late to request some space to set some items out for viewing? I am thinking about bringing a Natural Sound SS Yamaha receiver, a pair of AR-4x speakers, a pair of rare Hughes Orb 1 speakers, maybe my prize CDX-2000 Yamaha CDP.

Not sure if I want to sell anything, maybe my AR-4x speakers, or maybe a cool Yamaha preamp (CX-830) that is an excellent mate for record players.

We'll reserve a spot for ya, yamaholic.

There should be some tubs for ice in the CE Building and I'll have some big plastic tubs with me. Once we get there, we'll get some bags of Ice at local stores,probably do that around 9:30 and replenish around 12 and 3pm

Was nice to meet everyone and I had a good time. Would have been nice if a few more showed.

Thanks for putting that together Bart. :banana:

Back
Top Bottom