3-D printing name badges?

Ramseybella

AK Member
I don’t know much about the subject but resently loosing one of my raised RSL badges is it possible to cloan another with a 3-D printer? Or am I going about it the wrong way?

I agree with baco99 the quality of the printer and the type of printing process will have a huge impact in the overall quality of the part. I've had a few things made on SLA printers and then bead blasted and I really like the finish.

I don’t know much about the subject but resently loosing one of my raised RSL badges is it possible to cloan another with a 3-D printer? Or am I going about it the wrong way?
Do you have a close up image of the badge? If you can send me a clear picture and dimensions of the part I should be able to make you a model of the part that you then can have printed.

Do you have a close up image of the badge? If you can send me a clear picture and dimensions of the part I should be able to make you a model of the part that you then can have printed.
Thank,s for the help hiFi DAD.
Exactly what sort of measurements, length, height and thickness?

Thank,s for the help hiFi DAD.
Exactly what sort of measurements, length, height and thickness?
That will do for the time being. If i know the exact length i should be able to scale everything off of that but if I need anything else I’ll let you know. I will also need to see if there are any pins or mounts on the backside.

Just a quick update for anyone who is following the thread.

Ramseybella sent me an image of the badge and measurements of the part.
3C870A87-4F95-4C3C-B0CF-6733DD063A6F.jpeg

I have recreated the part in 3D using autodesk inventor and it is now ready for printing.
6BF87FB4-9C0F-4A0B-B6BC-AACC4F1E5E16.png
FC3FEC66-EFA4-40B0-9591-1F2FC449FD0E.png

I will follow up with the printed part once complete!

Back
Top Bottom