3D glasses charging cable......

pdm4606

We got our 3D glasses many years ago but due to little interest and rare 3D movie showing we never used the glasses. Now lately 3D seems more popular.
However we attempted to use our glasses only to find that they are not charged. Searching through the boxes and packages we never opened failed to find a charging cable. The cable is listed as a "USB cable". Nothing else. I found what I thought were the correct cables and ordered a pair. Of course they were not the correct cables. The charging plug that fits into the charge receptacle on the glasses is very small. Smaller that the newer Apple iphone charging cable they refer to as a "lightning" cable.
The glasses are refereed to as "Shutter 3D glasses". They are very packed with technology. They not only act as 3D glasses they also have an infrared sensor on the front to sync the glasses with the signal from the TV. The TV is a Toshiba. The boxes for the glasses say nothing about a brand name or anything else. Nor does the small manual that came with the glasses. I have emailed several sellers and not gotten an answer.

I've never had 3D glasses. But, we all have smart phones, which typically charge via USB cables. Any chance that one of those might work? Otherwise, its searching through A, B, C, Micro, Mini-B, and who knows how many others? So it sounds like you need to grab the glasses and head to the nearest Best Buy. They should have all types.

IMG_20171009_195058.jpg See photo......
The upper opening is on the glasses. The lower opening is what is called a "USB connector".

The cables you bought are micro-usb.

From Wikipedia:
1280px-Usb_connectors.JPG

From left to right: Micro-B plug, UC-E6, Mini-B plug

Looks like the glasses MIGHT use the UC-E6 plug which is also listed as a "proprietary non-usb connector".

Here is another UC-E6 where the pins look different.
8pin_UC-E6_miniusb.jpg

Looks like the UC-E6 might do it. The overall dimensions of the glasses connector is around 4.85mm long by 2.15mm wide.

A suggestion was posted to take the glasses to a local Best Buy.
Hah.....I will not stoop so low to deal with those people. I prefer seeing competition determine the price not the other way around and having the price determined by non-competition.
As we have seen with RS and others they fail leaving the market to more unscrupulous dealers. If systems become created with stiff competition and a fair marketplace, prices will be lower.

Have you contacted the manufacturer? Even if they don't still make them perhaps they could offer some guidance as to how to get the charger, or at least what type of plug it is and voltage requirements.

Have you contacted the manufacturer? Even if they don't still make them perhaps they could offer some guidance as to how to get the charger, or at least what type of plug it is and voltage requirements.

No manufacturer listed on the box, manual, or anywhere. I have a guess about the manufacturer but that is all.
Not even a name on the glasses. All it says is "Shutter 3D glasses" on the box.
If I had a manufacturer it would be easy. The word "shutter" is a type of 3D glasses that shutter each eye independently as you watch the movie.
Not necessarily the maker. The shutter action takes place with a lot of technology with an Infrared sync. with the TV.

Back
Top Bottom