400 comes home, FULL CIRCLE......................

Discussion in 'Fisher' started by larryderouin, Feb 28, 2017.

1. dcgillespie

dcgillespie Fisher SA-100 Clone Subscriber

Way to go Larry -- I've recently been through much of the ground you're plowing now so not only does life go on (and it does), but it can remain great or get even better. Sounds like you've got it all under control. Congrats, and best wishes for all you're dealing with!

Dave

Please register to disable this ad.

2. buglegirl

buglegirl I Want To Be The Girl With The Most Cake Subscriber

Larry,

Ohhh a bigger console saver!!!

Seriously. Was very glad to meet Christa when you stopped by a few months ago. You two are a perfect couple and congratulations!!!

Frannie

3. thornev

thornev Well-Known Member

LARRY ! So now you have a bio-electronics device on which to work ! As you know, they require the MOST TLC. I wish you two all the best. Keep the Love and Communication flowing. Thorne

4. Catmanboo

Catmanboo AK Subscriber Subscriber

Cool beans, Larry! Glad something's going your way finally. You deserve it. Long may you 2 run! :hug::bigok:

5. larryderouin

larryderouin Turn it UP, POP? PLLUUEEEZZZZZEE Subscriber

Thanks for all the Good wishes everyone. We told her parents yesterday, HooBoy! They're ok with it tho. I DID get THE LOOK from her Dad (all you guys know that look....) but it's all ok. I SURVIVED!!!

Back to the 400. I installed 2-2200uf 50V caps in the BIAS Circuit, but may be having a Brain Fart. Nothing is soldered as of yet and before I do want to make sure it's right. The Negatives are tied together in the middle for the heaters and Bias, with the positives separate. On the diode Bridge I have the Positive lead connected to the 15ohmR and the right most Positive. And the Left most Positive is connected to the chassis ground on the Long T-Strip next to the cap clip. Negative side of the Bridge goes to the Negative side of the caps with the Heater and B- Leads? I can't find any of my old pics, and my other 400 is buried (in a box) at my storage unit. So I'm going strictly from Memory(and mine isn't the sharpest pencil in the box....) Would someone please Doublecheck me on this. Right now I'm gonna put a 10K pot inline for bias adjustment and later install a IBBA Board underneath when parts in my stash become available. I want to be able to fire it up for testing now, as it's been sitting on the bench or the truck for the last 23 months with me.

Thanks
    Larry

400 Bias Layout.jpg

6. bhamham

bhamham AK Subscriber Subscriber

You got it right, Larry!

Please register to disable this ad.

7. larryderouin

larryderouin Turn it UP, POP? PLLUUEEEZZZZZEE Subscriber

Thanks Bruce.