4270 vs. 2270 for 2 channel use?

Discussion in 'Marantz Audio' started by N8Nagel, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Steven Tate

Steven Tate AK Subscriber Subscriber

If you are talking about the silver faceplate, reproductions are available. If you are at all interested in a black faceplate, Bob Speece (AK member wlhd1610) might have a beautiful laser etched one for the 2275. I got one for a 2245 and love it. However, laser etching doesn't work on silver because the lettering would be the same color as the background. If you want silver, there are reproductions available on the bay with epoxy lettering that are decent, but not quite up to Bob's faceplates IMO. Here is a thread with a couple of pics of a 2275 with a black faceplate. They are very sexy and the same faceplates that Bob sells.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....black-is-beautiful.605796/page-2#post-9751981

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Klaatu561

Klaatu561 Klaatu barada nikto Subscriber

Thank you Steven, I have a black face-plate for each. The pics I have seen of them look great! What I need is the bezel for a 2275. Not the dial but the plastic piece that fights over the front cover the dial (am/fm etc)

3. N8Nagel

N8Nagel Addicted Member

The black part or the clear plexi part? You could probably make the latter although it'd be a PITA. The former, you probably would have better luck epoxying your old one back together and painting it.

4. Klaatu561

Klaatu561 Klaatu barada nikto Subscriber

It's the clear plexi part and it is scratched, not broken. I am thinking I might be able to take the scratches out with nova system or the like. The scratches are not too deep so I think there is hope. Ot seems finding a clean replacement is unlikely. I have seen people clean turntable covers with Nova but not sure about this. The 4270 is clean but of course they are not a match.

5. N8Nagel

N8Nagel Addicted Member

The best success I've had was using very fine sandpaper - I want to say 2000 grit? - on a badly damaged turntable dust cover. It looked like someone had at one point used it as a tray for building model cars or airplanes, as that was the only way I could explain the marks on it. I then used a headlight restoration kit from my FLAPS and then followed with Novus polish. It wasn't perfect when I was done but was at least presentable. Of course all this for a not that awesome (but it was great sounding) belt drive Dual. At least the new owner (girlfriend's daughter) appreciates it, although I never told her what a PITA it was.