4315 diy help

Discussion in 'The Lansing Legacy' started by bldozier, Apr 30, 2018.

1. bldozier

bldozier Active Member

have been a dweller for sometime know, i have a 4315 project im doing, and have accumulated all components cept for the cabinets i had a line on a pair from Ebay, but the seller sold from under me, leaving me in the cold in my final department.

i found a Bb supplier on the web who drove the 2 hours to deliver the pieces i needed for the attempt to do them cabinets myself. i live in a thin ( very thin walled apparently ) walled apt and could not finish the build of the cabinets due to noise from the router.

can anyone with cabinet experience help in finishing this project. i would just start from a clean sheet literally, im using le14a over 2203

Please register to disable this ad.

2. donprice

donprice Wound up workin' at a gas station.... Subscriber

Where are you at?

If you have a little bit of CAD skills you can draw up the cabinet parts, particularly the baffle, and have someone do the cutting with a CNC router.

3. bldozier

bldozier Active Member

i'am done amassing are the hardware an now just need cabinets built. i was seriously hoping to requester a carpenter or cabinet maker to do the cabs as my tiny apt, can not stand the added labor.
    i will also pick up the 2203 and way request a baffle adapter while waiting for a member willing to help.

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?17960-Technical-Ref-Threads-for-4315-monitors
    plans, which i also have a copy of the pdf file off,

would i be better of posting in the wanted to buy section?

Attached Files:

4. Zonker92

Zonker92 All shiny and chrome Subscriber

Where are you located? I know someone who has several sets of empty 4315 cabinets.

5. bldozier

bldozier Active Member

umm new york. my jaw dropped. id pay for shipping if they would part with A set

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  6. bldozier

bldozier Active Member

still looking if anyone can help...

Please register to disable this ad.

7. GordonW

GordonW Speakerfixer Subscriber

BTW: The 2203 is functionally equivalent to the 124A and 124H, that was used in the JBL L212's bass module.

Though I would have to check on the cone- I believe that these could be built, from a JBL 2202A, 2202H, 2204H or K120 frame. I know I can get the correct voice coil, spider and dust cap (they're shared with the 2235).

Regards
    Gordon.