1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

4408 Recap Suggestions

Discussion in 'The Lansing Legacy' started by milo63, Aug 20, 2018.

1. milo63

milo63 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I just bought a pair that need to be refoamed. While I'm refreshing I'd like to recap.

I recapped my 4406's after I blew a crossover (beer and Sabbath) and it made a huge difference in clarity. I just used Dayton caps from PE, is there a better option or are Dayton's fine?
    There's no Dayton 3mfd cap available so some substitute is needed.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. ivandezande

ivandezande Super Member

milo63 likes this.
  3. MCM_Fan

MCM_Fan AK Subscriber

Do you have a schematic you can share? That would make it a lot easier to make recommendations.

Sonicap makes a 3.0uF. Based on the value (and without a schematic), I'm going to assume this is a series tweeter cap. If so, I've use Sonicap Gen1s in the tweeter circuits of several vintage JBLs and like the way they sound.

4. milo63

milo63 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Here's a screenshot. No 3uf, got it confused with the 4406.

Visiting Mouser or Digikey is frustrating because I don't know the language yet...one day I'll figure it all out.

Thanks for any suggestions.

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. ivandezande

ivandezande Super Member

That 4.0uF that's just shunting to ground cap be for sure a Dayton. The 5uF I can't say anything about.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018