49ers offensive lineman Herrion dies

MikE

Color Me Gone
Thomas Herrion, offensive linman for the 49ers collpased and later dies following their preseason game in Denver. We don't know the reason for this young man's death, if he had a precondition or if the weather played a part. Obviously, the fingers would point to his large size having something to do with it. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Yesterday in my race I saw 2 people collapsed late in the race and another 6 in the medical tent receiving treatment. I told the massuer that I was surprized there weren't more. It was brutal out there, 82 degrees, 95% humidity and the sun was blazing off the black top on us. Fortunately, most people took caution and adjusted their goals. I saw 3 of the elite runners walking because of the weather [saving their fitness for another race]. I finally stopped for a minute at the 12 mile marker just to down 3-4 cups of Gatorade before continuing.

I remember telling a few people yesterday that today wasn't a day to be a hero. At least he died chasing his dream.

MikE

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2139454

Back
Top Bottom