4k surround preamp help recommendations!!!

Tkoffeh

Hi all, just picked up a Rotel 1095, 5 channel amp and I am looking for a surround preamp with 4k video pass through and 5.1. Is there anything out there (i've looked... painfully) that doesn't cost a fortune that will perform this function...? I don't need an amplifier obviously unless it actually has outputs for each channel.
Thanks in advance

Perhaps I was over thinking it... The Rotel 1095 came with a Rotel RSP 1066 surround processor... I am now running the HDMI directly into the TV and using the digital audio out into the 1066, which is doing a fantastic job.

I read some where that only the advanced decoding modes are available via HDMI connections and are down graded for optical transmission. But it maybe unfounded. I still don't have a feeling if the consumer is really supporting 4k in the way we accepted earlier formats of sound reproduction. You don't see ceiling speakers in movies theaters why do we need them in homes? Lets see aren't we are supposed to have 8K available for the Olympics next year. It will have to be streamed, and we'll need 8K tV's, etc etc etc. I guess thats one reason AT&T is pushing 5G. and others 400 MHZ streaming for the home.

Back
Top Bottom