50 Best Film Deaths

I've seen about 30 of them. Of the ones I haven't seen, a good number were horror flicks. I'm not scared by horror flicks, but I don't enjoy them either.

I must have entirely too much time on my hands... There was only one film on that list I hadn't seen.

Luca Brazzi

:scratch2:

Hmmm
How could they possibly omit:
Bruno Tattaglia's stabbing of Luca Brazzi's hand on a tavern rail,
locking him down,
while Luca was being garrotted,
eyes popping out of his head???
in Godfather I

Unforgettable!

Glad to see one of my dads movies made the list -http://web.archive.org/web/20050111090355/www.filmsite.org/drst.html

He commits suicide in a bathroom after saying that he can answer for what he's done. A little strange seeing your father kill himself in a movie !

Actually, I'm surprised Stangelove was not number 1 on the list....everyone dies in the end when all out nuclear war ensues !

A.S. Hayden

Here are some of my favs:
A Tale of Two Cities -- Just a wonderful movie & the suspense leading to the guillotine scene is drama at its best.

Chronicles of Riddick -- The guy walking out into the heat.

Duel at Diablo -- Ole Dennis Weaver after being tortured while tied to a wheel,
James Garner finds him and has to look away. He gives him a gun to kill himself.

Enter the Dragon -- Jim Kelly being beaten by Haan & to see that deformed black hand was pretty good. Also, seeing Kelly hung up in chains to be plunged into acid.

Imitation of Life -- The daughter weeping behind the horse driven carriage.

Midnight Express -- The guard was about to rape the guy & in the fight he is impailed by a hook in the back of the skull after being pushed.

Murder on The Orient Express -- Well, this one speaks for itself.

Rome

Last edited:
A nod Mr. Hayden's son (above):

Maj. Kong riding a hydrogen bomb like a bronc buster.

Also...

John Wayne as Davy Crockett in The Alamo: pinned to a door by a lance, he kills his attacker, breaks the lance off, and throws a torch into the black-powder store, blowing up the gun-powder and himself (screw you revisionist historians).

2 others worth mentioning:

1) Air Force One. The hijacker gets thrown out of the plane as his neck snaps on a cable. President Harrison Ford delivers the line, "Get off my plane!"

2) Dirty Harry. Scorpio gets blasted into a pond as he tries to go for his gun. Clint Eastwood reprises his great speech from earlier in the film: "I know what you're thinkin' punk....Do I feel lucky....Well do ya, PUNK?"

Aw come on! They forgot "Harold & Maude"! What death scene was there not to like? Harold pretending to shoot himself while his mother fills out his dating forms or the date comitting harikari in the library? Or Harold setting himself on fire with one of his potiental dates looking on...

Aw come on! They forgot "Harold & Maude"! What death scene was there not to like? Harold pretending to shoot himself while his mother fills out his dating forms or the date comitting harikari in the library? Or Harold setting himself on fire with one of his potiental dates looking on...

+1000. What a great movie.:thmbsp:

Here's a few more:

Blade II -- Too many to list!

Saving Pt. Ryan -- Vin Diesel getting shot & the german guy stabbing the soldier while talking to him.

Thelma & Louise -- Just the thought of going over a cliff!

Rome

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom