500-C...to buy or not to buy?

Discussion in 'Fisher' started by nickdinatale, Sep 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. sberger

sberger Hard Core Geezer Subscriber

Kent Leech at Berkeley Stereo. He did a great job. They had previously been at Sertech. Not so happy with how that went down.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. cwh

cwh AK Subscriber Subscriber

Oh nice. That place is Zen for me, the whole setup he's got going in there, just right. I'll recommend them if anyone ever asks for a tube amp repair shop.

Sorry Nick, back to your 500c...Pics?

3. nickdinatale

nickdinatale Member

Finally have those pictures!

Also,
    I recently tried out my 2ax's with the 500C. I wasn't a huge fan of the combination as I felt like it wasn't a "musical" enough sound and that the instruments came through too separated.
    This could just be my personal preference when it comes to the speakers though, as I tend to prefer my Model Fours.

IMG_4994.JPG IMG_4997.JPG IMG_4998.JPG

erasehead likes this.
  4. sberger

sberger Hard Core Geezer Subscriber

Nice!!
    As much as I enjoy my 500C, it is not as musical with either my 2ax's, or Cornwall's, as is my X101-B. That one is just magical. The 500C is just a little too analytical compared to it. That's not to say the 500C is analytical or difficult to listen to in general, because it certainly is not, and I would recommend it to anybody looking for a great tube experience. But it's like you and your KLH Model Fours vs. the 2ax's. It ends up simply being personal preference.

nickdinatale likes this.