500B Tape Monitor Input to Aux Jack Bleed Ckt Removal

On the 500B, I would not remove these components as the circuit is different.

On the 500C, the bleed circuit connects between the Aux and Tape Monitor input jacks, allowing three head decks to monitor their recordings with the Tape Monitor Switch turned on, yet play back through the conventional Selector Switch Tape setting (Tape Monitor Switch turned off), without having to reconfigure any interconnect leads to do so.

On the 500B however, there is no bleed circuit as such, as there are no two jacks to bleed between. The components you refer to simply allow signals appearing at Tape Monitor jacks to also appear at the at the Tape setting of the Selector Switch, at a level that is appropriate for the available gain. With this approach, the Tape monitor switch is used as conventionally, allowing the in-progress recording of a three head deck to be monitored, while conventional playback is accomplished through the Selector Switch Tape position. If you remove these components then, there will be no playback possible at the Tape setting of the Selector Switch.

I hope this helps!

Dave

Sigh.....

I had read "Become An Electronics Engineer For Dummies" .
Better re-read it:dunno:

After studying some of Dave's 400 modifications I thought the 500B circuit looked very similar and was a bleed through.

Next attempt is a Tone circuit bypass switch..........Dave:)

Thanks,
Jef

Back
Top Bottom