50's Filling Stations

Very cool photos thanks.You know for the longest time i thought cucamunga (sp) was just a town from buggs bunny,lol.

If you're ever in or near Cloquet, MN (about 1/2 hour from Duluth) you'll want to swing by & see this gem:

upload_2017-4-15_14-54-3.jpeg

The only filling station designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. A very cool place indeed. I'm also a sucker for those "elf house" stations from the 20s & 30s...those with the high-peaked roof. There's one in fine repair near where I live that's been an antique shop among another things.

Very cool photos thanks.You know for the longest time i thought cucamunga (sp) was just a town from buggs bunny,lol.

You never heard of "The Anaheim, Azusa & Cucamonga Sewing Circle, Book Review and Timing Association"? :rflmao:

I worked for a Standard Oil station in 1970 when they were still Standard. Had to wear a uniform and a generally neat appearance. The had a training course you went thru before you got the job. Pay was damn good also. Worked in Lafayette by Acalanes High & Berkeley across from the University. Lasted 3 years and got tired of the boss telling me to cut my hair but the bossed I had had a lot to do with my appreciation of respect. Went to a rigid conduit factory in Pittsburgh after that. Toughest job I ever had.

Back
Top Bottom